Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"OrangeEmu error: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions" SOLVED :D

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ZLOrigin made easy - "OrangeEmu error: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions" SOLVED :D Empty "OrangeEmu error: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions" SOLVED :D

Post by Guest Sat 14 Jul 2018, 15:03

So, I've been looking high and low for a solution to this, and I'm near tearing my hair out at the roots at this point. I've followed the installation instruction to a T, I've disabled all Anti Virus and Defence that my PC has, and tried re-installing several times. 
I've re-downloaded the crack, re-applied it, and still the problem persists. I'm at my wits end and would really appreciate some help with this, and I'm hoping that, since I am using your cracks, someone in here might know a solution? I'm laying my faith and hope in your hands, Humans of the Internet; please help  Why God.

EDIT

Yeah, someone pointed out that putting it in the non-(x86) Package Files helps a lot =w=;

Last edited by LongLiveHarryPotter7 on Sun 15 Jul 2018, 13:28; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

ZLOrigin made easy - "OrangeEmu error: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions" SOLVED :D Empty Re: "OrangeEmu error: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions" SOLVED :D

Post by Guest Sat 14 Jul 2018, 15:29

Have you tried simply rebooting your PC?

Back to top Go down

ZLOrigin made easy - "OrangeEmu error: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions" SOLVED :D Empty Re: "OrangeEmu error: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions" SOLVED :D

Post by Guest Sat 14 Jul 2018, 17:59

It looks like your anti-virus has blocked OrangeEmu.dll
The following is not applicable for 64 bits Windows.

1. Make sure your install folder for the Sims 4 is in the exceptions of your anti-virus
2. Download OrangeEmu.rar HERE
3. Do not extract with Winrar as yet but copy the.rar file to your install folder\Game\Bin
4. In Game\Bin extract file by rightclicking and selecting Extract Here
5. Start The Sims 4 again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Jul 2018, 18:46

anadius1 wrote:Have you tried simply rebooting your PC?
Yes, and it didn't work

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Jul 2018, 18:47

Tarac wrote:It looks like your anti-virus has blocked OrangeEmu.dll
The following is not applicable for 64 bits Windows.

1. Make sure your install folder for the Sims 4 is in the exceptions of your anti-virus
2. Download OrangeEmu.rar HERE
3. Do not extract with Winrar as yet but copy the.rar file to your install folder\Game\Bin
4. In Game\Bin extract file by rightclicking and selecting Extract Here
5. Start The Sims 4 again.
I already wrote that I did that. I disabled my entire anti-virus system and Windows Defender and followed those exact steps, yet it didn't work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Jul 2018, 19:09

Try disabling your firewall this time. If you don't have any, there is still the one from Windows. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puJJLiL2Ge8

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Jul 2018, 19:50

Hi, up until yesterday i had the same problem. I downloaded and installed 8 times but all had this same message.

This is what i did to get the game running:
1. First of all, it has to be on C:/ Drive. No other drive will work as i found out.
2. Let the game install in C:\USER\Games\The Sims 4 (ie, default install location).
3. After install is finished, cut the whole 'The Sims 4' folder and put it in your Program Files (and not in Program Files (x86), that doesn't work if you're on 64 bit).
4. Add exception to you AV and block the .exe in firewall.
5. Now play.

Hope this helps.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Jul 2018, 20:31

Strange, I thought it was mentioned in the installation guide but can't find it anywhere. Blocking .exe in firewall should make it work. If not, try everything else @tempo_dg said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Jul 2018, 13:16

tempo_dg wrote:Hi, up until yesterday i had the same problem. I downloaded and installed 8 times but all had this same message.

This is what i did to get the game running:
1. First of all, it has to be on C:/ Drive. No other drive will work as i found out.
2. Let the game install in C:\USER\Games\The Sims 4 (ie, default install location).
3. After install is finished, cut the whole 'The Sims 4' folder and put it in your Program Files (and not in Program Files (x86), that doesn't work if you're on 64 bit).
4. Add exception to you AV and block the .exe in firewall.
5. Now play.

Hope this helps.
It did! Well, kinda ... Now it want me to update the game through Origin instead, but the OrangeEmu error is gone, YAY! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Jul 2018, 13:24

Fixed the other error; was a bit easier to deal with =w=

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Jul 2018, 23:03

LongLiveHarryPotter7 wrote:Fixed the other error; was a bit easier to deal with =w=
Glad to help! Enjoy the game! Yess, aye lieeke! Carlos is tha man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Jul 2018, 21:52

Hey all,

Not sure if I should be continuing this thread or whether I should have started a new one, but I'm having exactly the same issue. I have reinstalled it again and have checked that everything that tempo said is done and it is. But the message keeps on coming up, hopefully someone has some knowledge of this issue. 

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Jul 2018, 22:02

Here is good. Are you sure you've blocked exe in your firewall? Probably best to post a screenshot of options you set to block it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Jul 2018, 22:19

I believe so. I have blocked the TS4_x64.exe in both my anti virus and windows firewall I believe. Although I'm not tech savvy so could be wrong. That is the anti-virus and I also have created rules both inbound and outbound that block the exe as well in the Windows firewall.

ZLOrigin made easy - "OrangeEmu error: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions" SOLVED :D 19168110

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Jul 2018, 23:38

I have no idea what you blocked in your anti-virus since that screenshot really shows nothing at all. Does it say "These settings are being managed by..." on Windows Firewall main page? If it doesn't then check your firewall rule for both exes. It should be set to block connection for exe on any protocol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jul 2018, 14:11

I don't believe it says that as it should say here?

ZLOrigin made easy - "OrangeEmu error: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions" SOLVED :D 19168112
Otherwise I have created both inbound and outbound rules for both of the exe's blocking the program as shown below. Both say that they are blocking any port and any protocol as well.  Why God.

ZLOrigin made easy - "OrangeEmu error: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions" SOLVED :D 19168113

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jul 2018, 14:40

You could try blocking OrangeEmu dlls too.

Just to be sure it's blocked right: save this as "firewall-crack-block.bat", move it to your game installation and run as administrator.
Code:
@echo off
set path=%~dp0
if not exist "%path%Game\Bin\TS4.exe" (
  echo Move this file to your game installation directory
  pause
  goto :eof
)
netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Sims 4 Crack" protocol=any action=block dir=out program="%path%Game\Bin\OrangeEmu.dll"
netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Sims 4 Crack x64" protocol=any action=block dir=out program="%path%Game\Bin\OrangeEmu64.dll"
netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Sims 4 Exe" protocol=any action=block dir=out program="%path%Game\Bin\TS4.exe"
netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Sims 4 Exe x64" protocol=any action=block dir=out program="%path%Game\Bin\TS4_x64.exe"
pause

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jul 2018, 14:46

Ok will try thanks. Does it need to go in the bin folder along with the exe or just 'The Sims 4' folder?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jul 2018, 14:52

Just "The Sims 4" one. I added a check so if you put it in wrong folder it will tell you. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jul 2018, 14:54

Welp, put it in there, ran it as admin and got three ok's. Yet it still comes up with the same error message as always Sad Sad Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Feb 2019, 23:00

Hi everyone

its my first time here in the forum because im in the edge on pulling my hair out, by the same error i made what tempo said but the error queep comes up please help dont know what to do

thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Feb 2019, 23:35

This is all interesting.... I only have my ZLOrigin copy of Sims 4 installed on my C: drive. The one I actually use is on another drive. Never had an issue. Makes me wonder why.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2019, 00:28

Hey there!

I'm having the same problem after installing the last update, the OrangeEmu error. Thank you very much for all the help step by step, anadius! But the game is still not working for me. As klandestein, I also get the three "Ok" when I check the game folder with the .bat file you provided. Does that mean the game is correctly blocked by the firewall, or not?

(Should I make a new thread for this? Just in case, as this one has "solved" in the title but some of us still haven't resolved the issue.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2019, 00:57

If you have just the Windows Firewall, then yes, it should be blocked now. But I think whitelisting "Game\Bin" folder in your anti-virus is more important. You can try completely disabling your anti-virus (temporarily) and disconnecting from the internet just to test if it works.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2019, 01:04

anadius wrote:If you have just the Windows Firewall, then yes, it should be blocked now. But I think whitelisting "Game\Bin" folder in your anti-virus is more important. You can try completely disabling your anti-virus (temporarily) and disconnecting from the internet just to test if it works.

Thanks for your answer! I apologize, I forgot to mention in my previous message that I don't have any anti-virus in that PC (where I have TS4 installed), only the Windows firewall. I tried starting the game without internet connection, but the error persists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top