Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 installation attempt failed...again.[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 installation attempt failed...again.[SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 installation attempt failed...again.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 14 Jul 2012, 19:15

Hi, I recently wanted to add some expansions to my game (World Adventures, Ambitions, and Master Suite Stuff to be exact). Well I went to the link https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly-must-read and followed every step to the letter, used the manual patch, then the fix to crack the games. When I start up now it says no disc found. On many previous tries to install I've gotten an error that says read log then shuts the game off. I'm pretty sure I did everything right so I made an account today to finally ask for help
[img]Sims 3 installation attempt failed...again.[SOLVED] Sims3f11[/img]
above is an image of my program(x86)/electronic arts/sims3/game/bin.
All help greatly appreciated I am at a loss as of now and don't want to reinstall again. Thanks in advance.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 installation attempt failed...again.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 installation attempt failed...again.[SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 14 Jul 2012, 19:20

Hello,

Unfortunately, the 2 files we'd need to see aren't on this screenshot (TS3W.exe and TSLHost.dll).
The good news is that you probably don't have to reinstall. And I don't think I need to see another screenshot.
Please open the fix and look for the #crack folder, and copy both files in there to the folder you're showing here, allowing them to overwrite what's in there.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 installation attempt failed...again.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 installation attempt failed...again.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 14 Jul 2012, 19:22

Right I forgot to scroll down but I did copy the two files from the #Crack folder in the fix to the base games bin folder. That's my problem is that I've already done everything and I can't get the game to work.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 14 Jul 2012, 19:24

Hello,

Ok, can you please show a screenshot of the same folder, but with the 2 files showing?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Jul 2012, 19:25

[img]Sims 3 installation attempt failed...again.[SOLVED] Sims3f12[/img]

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 14 Jul 2012, 19:30

Hello,

Thanks.
I'm looking at the dates on TS3W.exe and TSLHost.dll and they don't match the date on the crack in the fix, which is 7/10/2012.
I think you may be using an old fix, it has been updated a few days ago. You can download it here.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Jul 2012, 19:33

I just tried to move the files over and it said i don't have the proper permission and to try again, what do?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 14 Jul 2012, 19:38

Hello,

Are you logged on as Administrator?
You can also get an error if the launcher or the game is active.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Jul 2012, 19:41

I am logged on as admin, i had to copy the files to desktop then put them in folder, it wouldn't extract straight to it but I got it now and THANKS SO MUCH THE NEW FIX WORKED! I seriously have been working on this for like a week and even made an account on here today just to ask for help and now I feel dumb haha. Thanks again!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 14 Jul 2012, 19:54

Hello,

You’re welcome.
Don’t hesitate to post if you have questions or problems again!
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top