Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wondering if I change a magnet link to a direct download link to avoid tracking?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wondering if I change a magnet link to a direct download link to avoid tracking? Empty Wondering if I change a magnet link to a direct download link to avoid tracking?

Post by Guest Fri 10 Aug 2018, 11:09

Hi everybody,

excuse my ignorance about torrenting. I have been torrenting for a little while with no issue. But as soon as I changed my isp, I received a warning. I'm from the United States by the way. I was just wondering about something. If I change a magnet link to a direct download link, can my isp track that download?

Back to top Go down

Wondering if I change a magnet link to a direct download link to avoid tracking? Empty Re: Wondering if I change a magnet link to a direct download link to avoid tracking?

Post by Guest Fri 10 Aug 2018, 11:37

Your Internet Service Provider can trace all your internet activities if they really want to.

Back to top Go down

Wondering if I change a magnet link to a direct download link to avoid tracking? Empty Re: Wondering if I change a magnet link to a direct download link to avoid tracking?

Post by Guest Fri 10 Aug 2018, 13:50

Tarac wrote:Your Internet Service Provider can trace all your internet activities if they really want to.

I'm just trying to find a private avenue to download files. I think this site is the best and easy way to download game files without getting malware and viruses. However, I don't have the access or means to get a good quality vpn right now. I was wondering does this site offer direct links alongside of torrents? For example, Sims 4 and its expansion packs and updates.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Aug 2018, 14:30

I know that there exists a page ob this forum containing all Sims 4 downloadlinks for direct downloads (not torrents).
I've been searching for it but can't find it anymore.

Another solution for direct downloads is offered by @Anadius1 with his alternative downloads manuual HERE

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 10 Aug 2018, 15:11

//MOVED

ShawnyK wrote:Hi everybody,

excuse my ignorance about torrenting. I have been torrenting for a little while with no issue. But as soon as I changed my isp, I received a warning. I'm from the United States by the way. I was just wondering about something. If I change a magnet link to a direct download link, can my isp track that download?

(topic moved to the right section).

You cannot "change" a magnet link into a direct download link, or vice versa. Magnets are magnets, and direct downloads are direct downloads. If you for any reason cannot use torrents, you need to ask the uploader of your desired stuff if they have other links. Which leads me to:

ShawnyK wrote:I'm just trying to find a private avenue to download files. I think this site is the best and easy way to download game files without getting malware and viruses. However, I don't have the access or means to get a good quality vpn right now. I was wondering does this site offer direct links alongside of torrents? For example, Sims 4 and its expansion packs and updates.

Games4theworld specializes in torrents/magnets only. Recently we started posting direct download links to some of the newer Sims 4 releases. But still. Look at the announcements for each Sims 4 release here and see if there is a direct download link for the release you want. If not, you will need to use a VPN, or use the alternative installers from @anadius1, or use ZLOrigin.

Tarac wrote:I know that there exists a page ob this forum containing all Sims 4 downloadlinks for direct downloads (not torrents).
I've been searching for it but can't find it anymore.

I know someone asked for direct download links, about some earlier DLC, like My First Pet, Laundry Day Stuff, and something else. I believe I replied to the thread and posted links on MEGA. The problem now is, they introduced a 1GB per hour download limit, per IP address. So no MEGA anymore for direct downloads, except tiny items like the "Game"-folders.

Other than that there never was an official G4TW announcement or "list", with direct download links to everything. We would never do that anyway. It's best to keep these links scattered over various places (in the various announcements) so to make it more difficult for the people or organizations who disapprove of our work.

Maybe a regular user posted such a thing? But even so, I almost certainly would remember such a thread.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Aug 2018, 09:54

Thanks for answering my questions. I have gotten a VPN to protect myself. I thought it cost me a lot, but I found something reasonable. Cyberghost. I know that they have ones that are kinda better  but i'm using that and a private proxy. Anyone else use Cyberghost premium. They have a no log policy, kill switch and DNS leak protection. I haven't tested it yet.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top