Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Windows 10 digital only lockout issue with the latest EA update on Medieval? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Windows 10 digital only lockout issue with the latest EA update on Medieval? [SOLVED] Empty Windows 10 digital only lockout issue with the latest EA update on Medieval? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 13 Aug 2018, 22:01

Before I update again does the patch & re-patch method fix the Win 10 digital only lockout issue with the latest EA update on Medieval? If not is there any hope of a Digital version download?

Back to top Go down

Windows 10 digital only lockout issue with the latest EA update on Medieval? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Windows 10 digital only lockout issue with the latest EA update on Medieval? [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 13 Aug 2018, 23:52

RonanDaxx wrote:Before I update again does the patch & re-patch method fix the Win 10 digital only lockout issue with the latest EA update on Medieval? If not is there any hope of a Digital version download?

//MOVED

Hello and welcome to the Forum,

I moved your message to the right section; please bear in mind that questions under tutorial posts are generally not allowed. As for the question, I have never heard about a "Win 10 digital only lockout issue". Can you maybe try specifying that? Do you maybe mean these issues where apparently people cannot start the game under Windows 8/10?

If so, that issue happens regardless of whether you have a CD/DVD or digital download version.

Feel free to try the patches though.
https://www.games4theworld.club/t18497-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-medieval-correctly#

Make sure to actually apply the "Medieval Ultimate Fix" (No-CD file) as well, and you should be fine. But again, in case I have misunderstood your concern, feel free to clarify. Good luck!

P.S. there won't be a "secondary" or additional Sims Medieval release, because we feel the existing download works fine if the above instructions are followed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Windows 10 digital only lockout issue with the latest EA update on Medieval? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Windows 10 digital only lockout issue with the latest EA update on Medieval? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 14 Aug 2018, 13:22

Or download the all-in-one, no patches, no updates, no fixes, no cracks, just download - install - play.
See HERE

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Aug 2018, 01:53

The lock-out I'm referring too is the 2.0 patch causes all non-digital versions of the game to go black screen unless you go online and purchase a digital copy of Medieval.  I've read several articles on various web pages about others having issues with win 10 and update 2.0 and most talk about the digital issue before they finalized the game.  If you don't update, the game plays fine on win 8 - 10.  When I used the G4TW torrents they play until I update.  So far I've only used the separate game and expansion versions, I'll try the all in one listed above and see if it works for me.  If not I'll stick with update 1.3.   Hopefully the all in one is based on a digital copy of the game

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Aug 2018, 09:47

The all-in-one is version 2.0.113.00001 and it works fine on my computer under Windows 10

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 15 Aug 2018, 10:34

The 2.0.113.00001 version is in fact the CD/DVD version; I believe most of these "offline-playable" game versions are like that as well.

The Must-Read guide also has a patch 2.0.113.00007, which is for the digital version of the game. Though I couldn't tell if the Ultimate Fix works alongside that.

I also read that a new patch came out in 2016, and I now think maybe you accidentally updated through the launcher then? If that is the case the Ultimate Fix probably won't work with that (neither will the all-in-one work).

Eiher way you will need to re-install the game. For the moment you should avoid using the launcher and only use he TSM.exe to start the game. I think it's located under C:/Program files (x86)/Electronic Arts/The Sims Medieval/Game/Bin. Which is the location where you have to insert the Ultimate Fix as well.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Aug 2018, 10:42

When I click on the Launcher in the all-in-one,  it states that the game is fully updated to the latest version

Windows 10 digital only lockout issue with the latest EA update on Medieval? [SOLVED] Medieval-launcher_orig

Last edited by Tarac on Wed 15 Aug 2018, 10:57; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : picture added)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 15 Aug 2018, 10:54

Tarac wrote:When I click on the Launcher in the all-in-one,  it states that the game is fully updated to the latest version

https://www.patches-scrolls.com/sims_medieval.php

There is a patch 2.0.114, and an article about it here:
http://simscommunity.info/2016/11/16/the-sims-medieval-gets-a-new-update/

Maybe it's not available through the launcher, and has to be downloaded manually. I couldn't really find more information about this obscure patch.But then the explanation of the OP still seems a bit unclear to me.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Aug 2018, 11:00

Maybe this update is only available via Origin like the 1.69 update for The Sims 3

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 15 Aug 2018, 16:29

Tarac wrote:Maybe this update is only available via Origin like the 1.69 update for The Sims 3

Well @RonanDaxx, mind telling us how exactly you updated your (previous) G4TW version of The Sims Medieval? Was it really through Origin?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Aug 2018, 21:29

I used the update from https://www.games4theworld.club/c11-the-sims-1-2-medieval-stories-and-mysims
manual patch" version 2.0.113.00001 .
The all in one crashes to desktop when loading too.  Maybe it's just my new Computer, Most of my other games I had to edit the graphics.sgr files but I haven't foumd anywhere to do that in Medieval yet.  I'm running the new Rizon 5 2400G with IGP and most games don't have it listed in graphics support files yet.  I'll give it one more try I just finished getting the Mr DJ all in one 4.3GB Iso .  So far I've used the individual torrents and the Mr DJ repack combo torrent, Maybe I'll have better luck with the iso image.  The only reason I wanted to patch it is because some of the CC I found wants the patch to work.

Last edited by RonanDaxx on Fri 17 Aug 2018, 21:30; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Text color wrong)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 17 Aug 2018, 21:41

RonanDaxx wrote:The all in one crashes to desktop when loading too. (...) I'll give it one more try I just finished getting the Mr DJ all in one 4.3GB Iso .

Keep in mind that (PC) games are generally identical in terms of their files, regardless of the individual repacker's preferences.

I know that for the un-initiated user reading about "FitGirl", "CODEX", "G4TW", "Skidrow", etc. it looks as if these are different "versions" of the games. The truth is, that repackers have preferences with regards to how they pack their release. But the result in the end is (almost) always the same: namely the same game.

Sorry I can't help more with the issue at hand; I'll leave the topic open in case someone else knows more. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Aug 2018, 23:00

Well it seems to work now, Thanks guys for all the suggestions and help now on to slowly adding my CC 1 by 1. Glad it's only a few items unlike TS1-4 and SC4. I even have graphics files to edit now that the game has started for the first time.

//EDIT

Yea I know that usually the only difference between different versions of games is usually 1 of 2 things, the base version of the game, or the crack applied being from a different coder.

Gatekeeper Edit: problem solved, topic closed.

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top