Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is there a way to export installed cc from the launcher? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is there a way to export installed cc from the launcher? [SOLVED] Empty Is there a way to export installed cc from the launcher? [SOLVED]

Post by Unesty Wed 29 Aug 2018, 13:54

Hello, I've been thinking if there is a way to export installed cc(sims3pack) from the launcher or to find them in the files?
I've saved some of the stuff I installed but not all of them so I want to know if there is a way to do this in case if I have to reinstall the game?

*I don't know if this is the right place for the topic, sorry if it isn't  Oh my...
Unesty
Unesty
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : SWTOR, Sims 2, Sims 3, Spore, Assasin's Creed II & Brotherhood & Revelations, GTA: Vice City & San Andreas, Cities: Skylines

Female

Back to top Go down

Is there a way to export installed cc from the launcher? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Is there a way to export installed cc from the launcher? [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 29 Aug 2018, 16:34

Unesty wrote:Hello, I've been thinking if there is a way to export installed cc(sims3pack) from the launcher or to find them in the files?
I've saved some of the stuff I installed but not all of them so I want to know if there is a way to do this in case if I have to reinstall the game?

*I don't know if this is the right place for the topic, sorry if it isn't  Oh my...

Hello again,

There is a "trick", by which you install a .sims3pack file, and then look at the location Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\DCBackup. Every time you install a .sims3pack, a bunch of .package files are saved under DCBackup. Now, these .package files have random names, so just by looking at the files you cannot determine what exactly the CC items are.

There is also a third-party tool (the name of which I forgot) that allows you to extract .package files from .sims3pack files, but the extracted items still have random names I believe.

You could do it like me, and backup your entire Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3-folder. Put it on an external hard-drive or something. In the event you need to re-install, just put that folder back under Documents at the end, and you're ready to continue where you left off. If you backup your entire The Sims 3-folder, you'll have your game settings, mods/CC, saves, screenshots, and whatnot. My own folder is 15GB or so big, though I haven't played in a while.

Haters gonna hate
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Is there a way to export installed cc from the launcher? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Is there a way to export installed cc from the launcher? [SOLVED]

Post by Dracos66 Thu 30 Aug 2018, 01:42

To add to what @The_gh0stm4n posted, if you haven't deleted them from the launcher you can look in the C:\Users\User_Name\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder and copy/move the .sims3pack(s) to another folder.

You can also look in:
For CC Lots - C:\Users\User_Name\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Library (as stated most of the filenames in here will be gibberish but a lot of custom lots will be listed by name)

For CC Sims - C:\Users\User_Name\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\SavedSims

For CC Outfits/Clothes - C:\Users\User_Name\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\SavedOutfits

NOTE: The files in these folders will be in .package and .sim format. To reinstall them later simple copy them back to their respective folder(s)

Of course you should also do as @The_gh0stm4n stated and make a full backup of the C:\Users\User_Name\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 folder and store it externally. It will save a ton of time setting things up if you ever need to reinstall the game.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Unesty Sat 01 Sep 2018, 19:50

Thank you both for the replies. Saving the whole the sims 3 folder makes more sense. For some reason that didn't occurred to me lol
Unesty
Unesty
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : SWTOR, Sims 2, Sims 3, Spore, Assasin's Creed II & Brotherhood & Revelations, GTA: Vice City & San Andreas, Cities: Skylines

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Sat 01 Sep 2018, 20:52

Glad we could be of help. Please feel free to open a new topic if you need any other help. Smile
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top