Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moving to D drive

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Moving to D drive Empty Moving to D drive

Post by Guest Mon 26 Nov 2018, 23:58

I have searched the forums in the past, but was unable to find a conclusive answer on this.

Are we now able to install TS4, then copy and paste the files to a new drive?

I read the old instructions on having to first install on C, then change some settings before relocating the files to another drive. Newer posts suggest that has changed, but I would like to confirm to be sure everything is dealt with properly.

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Moving to D drive Empty Re: Moving to D drive

Post by Guest Tue 27 Nov 2018, 00:01

Yes, you can just move the folder with the game somewhere else. There is game location in registry but the game doesn't care about it so there's no need to change it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Nov 2018, 01:36

I've had mine on E drive ever since Sims 4 was first torrentable (lol). I never install any games on C drive ever. You're alright, bud. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Nov 2018, 23:38

Thank you both! I'm happy to hear this. I wasn't sure how to install RE the old way, so I've only installed the base game and haven't played TS4 ever. I wanted to make sure it was safe to do the old copy and paste before I went ahead and wrecked something. I'm so excited to finally play! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top