Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moving Sims 4 to different drive?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Moving Sims 4 to different drive? Empty Moving Sims 4 to different drive?

Post by Guest Sun 15 Sep 2019, 08:04

I'm about to invest in a new computer and in preparation for that, I moved (copied) the Sims 4 from C: to my external SSD, G: (both the installation folder in Program (x86) and the folder in Documents with mods/tray/etc, the latter by using a symlink provided by anadius here). I plan to keep it on my external drive permanently.

My question:

Can I delete the original Sims 4 folders (installation and mod/tray/etc-folder) from my C: drive now? I tested yesterday to make sure that I could start the game from the external SSD and that all my mods and saved families were present. All seems to be functioning fine, but I want to be certain that I haven't missed a step somewhere, or misunderstood something, before I delete them.

Back to top Go down

Moving Sims 4 to different drive? Empty Re: Moving Sims 4 to different drive?

Post by Guest Sun 15 Sep 2019, 11:27

You can delete the folder in Program Files. The one in Documents should be a symlink, so files aren't really there. They are on your G: drive. At least if you did everything correctly. Show me a screenshot of your "Documents\Electronic Arts" folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Sep 2019, 12:36

Here is the screenshot. (My first language isn't English, sorry.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Sep 2019, 12:48

Doesn't seem like you made the symlink at all. Like I said in another thread. Move it and then create a symlink.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Sep 2019, 12:54

I moved it yesterday. It's on my G: drive now, but the old folder is still on the C: drive. So I guess I'll try moving it again and hope it disappears from the C: drive.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Sep 2019, 21:18

Is there a way I can move (and still play) my Sims 4 on an external hard drive? I'm buying a 10Tb drive in about a month to hold everything (well pretty much everything) from my laptop's hard drive (1Tb).

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top