Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Last exception errors?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Last exception errors? Empty Last exception errors?

Post by Guest Sat 08 Dec 2018, 22:06

hey all! i had to make an account due to annoyance. i've been on this forum many times but never looked at or found a specific thread for last exception errors with mods. i know that the deaderpool discord server USED TO be a huge help with this, but as of recent they have been banning those of us with pirated copies from using their helpful resources. with a forum full of technical geniuses, is there anyway we could start helping each other out with our mods and last exceptions? i don't know of anywhere else other than the regular old sims forum that provides help, and a lot of the time they're just sending others back to deaderpool. 

i'm gonna keep using mccc because i love it, but to just like be shunned because of how i've obtained the game is super wack, and i don't like being ostracized. sorry if this is in the wrong thread or anything! i totally just quit my lurking because my feelings got hurt and i want help and i'm sure others will run into this problem as well!

Back to top Go down

Last exception errors? Empty Re: Last exception errors?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 08 Dec 2018, 22:31

Welcome to the Forum, 

laufeysons wrote:(...) is there anyway we could start helping each other out with our mods and last exceptions?

First off, you are most welcome on the G4TW Forums, regardless of whether you have purchased The Sims 4, or got it some other way. We have no way of knowing how you got your games, nor do we really care as much. As for these errors, I myself don't have that great of in-game knowledge in TS4 to help out on that end. I once used MCCC as well, but didn't really get any errors. What we could do maybe is to create some kind of ongoing thread, and users upload their savefiles (maybe?) so that others can test these savefiles, with particular mod versions. This is just spontaneous brainstorming from me, maybe someone else has a better idea.

And yes, most mainstream modders don't take kindly to people who openly (or 'accidentally') admit that they got the game through "possibly illicit means". You can easily counter-balance that, however, by simply not mentioning this fact. In my opinion these mods work on both legit & non-legit versions of the game. Anybody who tells you something different is a liar in my opinion.

Then again, you have to view this in a broader context. These mainstream modders of course want to "get known out there". With the prospect of maybe being mentioned by EA, doing collaborations with D-level celebrities (Sims YouTubers, Sims programmers/developers, EA executives, etc.) or maybe even landing a job at EA. You can imagine what this would look like, if a modder openly condoned piracy.

Have you looked at existing discussions on these other Forums/Discord servers? Are there error codes that match yours, or are similar? Is your game working fine, without using these mods?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Dec 2018, 00:06

The_gh0stm4n wrote:Welcome to the Forum, 

laufeysons wrote:(...) is there anyway we could start helping each other out with our mods and last exceptions?

First off, you are most welcome on the G4TW Forums, regardless of whether you have purchased The Sims 4, or got it some other way. We have no way of knowing how you got your games, nor do we really care as much. As for these errors, I myself don't have that great of in-game knowledge in TS4 to help out on that end. I once used MCCC as well, but didn't really get any errors. What we could do maybe is to create some kind of ongoing thread, and users upload their savefiles (maybe?) so that others can test these savefiles, with particular mod versions. This is just spontaneous brainstorming from me, maybe someone else has a better idea.

And yes, most mainstream modders don't take kindly to people who openly (or 'accidentally') admit that they got the game through "possibly illicit means". You can easily counter-balance that, however, by simply not mentioning this fact. In my opinion these mods work on both legit & non-legit versions of the game. Anybody who tells you something different is a liar in my opinion.

Then again, you have to view this in a broader context. These mainstream modders of course want to "get known out there". With the prospect of maybe being mentioned by EA, doing collaborations with D-level celebrities (Sims YouTubers, Sims programmers/developers, EA executives, etc.) or maybe even landing a job at EA. You can imagine what this would look like, if a modder openly condoned piracy.

Have you looked at existing discussions on these other Forums/Discord servers? Are there error codes that match yours, or are similar? Is your game working fine, without using these mods?

you know what, i didn't even think about it like that. it makes sense they wouldn't want to affiliate with pirated players. in that sense, i still think it might be a good idea to have some help for them were they to run into the same problems. i solved mine, since i have some limited knowledge with looking at the xml file, and got the bad mod out of there. others might not be as good at this as i am, and some are probably much much better! but yes, my game is back to normal, i had just posted on their server out of being used to seeking help from them, and i wanted a second opinion before messing with the file. any ideas you have would be great! i know rome wasn't built in a day, i'm just looking to help others that may run into this same situation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top