Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest patch (1.48.90.1020) caused bugged hotkeys and relationship bars. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Latest patch (1.48.90.1020) caused bugged hotkeys and relationship bars. [SOLVED] Empty Latest patch (1.48.90.1020) caused bugged hotkeys and relationship bars. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 25 Dec 2018, 20:45

Since downloading and installing the latest Sims 4 patch there have been some small bugs in my game. I first noticed that the hotkeys controlling the speed didn't work. Neither the number pad or the regular numbers work, no matter if I have num lock on or off.
Secondly relationship bars seem to build backwards..? When a sim greets and interacts with another sim in a friendly manner the bar will turn more and more red, rather than green. But it seems as if the relationship is still positive, despite the bar.

I only had two hair mods when this started, and even without them it's the same. I noticed someone else had the same issue with the hotkeys, but their problem was an out of date UI mod, and I don't have one. (I tried playing the game both with script mods allowed and not, just in case, and nothing changed)

Does anyone have the same issue/s, or know what to do?
Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Latest patch (1.48.90.1020) caused bugged hotkeys and relationship bars. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Latest patch (1.48.90.1020) caused bugged hotkeys and relationship bars. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 25 Dec 2018, 23:22

It works fine for me. Go to Documents\Electronic Arts and move The Sims 4 folder to desktop. This will start the game fresh, you can move saves back later. If that doesn't solve the problem, run the validator (in quick scan mode) and post the result here.

Back to top Go down

Latest patch (1.48.90.1020) caused bugged hotkeys and relationship bars. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Latest patch (1.48.90.1020) caused bugged hotkeys and relationship bars. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 26 Dec 2018, 21:17

Moving the folder to desktop and starting new didn't solve the issue, and when I ran it through the validator it gave me this answer: 

report:

I'm guessing I installed the update incorrectly... (I've done this so many times that it all goes on auto-pilot, shame it doesn't do it properly lol). Is there a quick way to solve this, or do I need to re-install the whole thing?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Dec 2018, 21:24

Don't know what you want to solve. You just didn't install the latest update. Delete "Game", "Game2" and "Game_" folders, and then apply the latest update, which is 1.48.94.1020: https://www.games4theworld.club/t34601-the-sims-4-update-version-1-48-94-1020-out-now

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 26 Dec 2018, 22:00

I'm curious though, is the Numpad-problem the only thing that people experience? Is it possible to use mouse-clicks to control the time speeds? If so, that could be a temporary workaround.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Dec 2018, 22:26

The update released the 24:th is new to me, thanks, completely missed it! I'll install it and see if it solves anything. The latest one I installed was between Get famous and this one, I guess.

And on the numbpad issue; I can still use the mouse, so controlling time (all speeds including normal and pausing) in itself works, it's the hotkeys that are off somehow. Which sounds like a small problem, I realise, but it's annoying! ;D

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Dec 2018, 14:40

Update: Installing the latest patch solved everything! I still don't know exactly what caused the issues, but they're gone and that's good enough for me! Thank you to the people who offered advice!

Gatekeeper Edit: problem solved, topic closed.

- The_gh0stm4n 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top