Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cats & Dogs error

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cats & Dogs error Empty Cats & Dogs error

Post by Guest Thu 14 Feb 2019, 16:11

I've been able to download everything for The Sims 4 up to the latest update. I have been able to unzip and install everything up to the Cats & Dogs expansion. Everytime I have tried to open the rar file, it gets to about 80% and then stops. I've left it going while I went out for a few hours, and it is still frozen in the same spot everytime. When I hit cancel in 7Zip an error pops up saying I need to make sure I have the correct password, enough disc space(I do) or if the file is complete or corrupted. I have tried it repeatedly, deleted everyting and re-downloaded it both the torrent link and the mirror link from this site, and still have the same issue everytime. I disconnect the internet and disable my antivirus to see if that helps, but no luck. I've added the Downloads location to the exceptions in my antivirus and the Program Files/The Sims 4 location to my exceptions as well. Still cannot figure out how to get this to work. I searched the forums and found someone with the same issue, but it was never resolved that I could tell. Sad Anyone have any ideas?

Back to top Go down

Cats & Dogs error Empty Re: Cats & Dogs error

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 14 Feb 2019, 16:23

Try using WinRAR for unpacking .rar archives (we used to use .rar files, but nowadays we are using .7z). Some people say it doesn't matter what program you use for unpacking stuff, but in my experience you should always use the same program that was also used in creating the files.

And in case of G4TW's .rar files, that is WinRAR.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Feb 2019, 17:05

Thank you! I got the WinRar from the downloads page here and it seems to have worked! I'll test everything out once I get the game started up, but it unzipped and installed with no problems! 

I should have come here days ago lol Thanks so much!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Feb 2019, 18:00

Just to test it I downloaded Cats & Dogs and extracted with 7-zip just fine. I'm using version 18.05, the newest one is 18.06. You probably had some old version of 7-zip.

So note to everyone: if you can't extract something, first thing to do is to install the newest version of your extraction software.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top