Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Sims 4 Pack: Strangerville now available on zlOrigin. [CLOSED]

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Sims 4 Pack: Strangerville now available on zlOrigin. [CLOSED] Empty New Sims 4 Pack: Strangerville now available on zlOrigin. [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Tue 19 Feb 2019, 18:18

New Sims 4 Pack: Strangerville now available on zlOrigin. [CLOSED] Dz3liUsVsAAlmF5

Sims Community Breakdown Video for The Sims 4: Strangerville:

The Sims:tm: 4 StrangerVille

Start your investigation and solve the mystery of a desert town that holds a deep, dark secret in The Sims™ 4 StrangerVille.* In this ominous town, Sims are acting strange for unknown reasons. Is there a conspiracy? Will this seemingly odd force possess your Sim? Uncover the story of the secret lab where Sims will encounter strange plants and interact with peculiar devices. Can you solve the mystery?

KEY FEATURES:

A Different World – Explore StrangerVille, a rural desert town shrouded in secrecy. Encounter weird weather, creepy townies, dangerous plants, odd collectibles, and more.
   Unravel the Story – Immerse your Sim in unique and mysterious events. Unmarked vans appear in neighborhoods, government agents use secret listening devices, and scanners are key in detecting the unusual.
   Crack the Code – Have your Sims investigate using their Military training, searching for clues to solve a mystery that lies within the secret lab.
   Suit Up Your Sim – Get Sims in the mystery-solving mood by gearing them up in desert-inspired clothing and military fatigues, or prepare them for the end with conspiracy-themed clothes, secret agent attire, and a hazmat suit.

Studio: Maxis
Genre: Life Simulation
Platform: Mac, PC
Release Date: February 26

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/strangerville-comic

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There’s Something Happening in StrangerVille
It’s a mystery only Sims can solve.

It’s a quiet desert town.

Library.

Watering hole.

Quirky locals.

Military personnel?

Uh. . . conspiracy theories?

A secret lab?!

You know, typical.

Welcome to StrangerVille, where townspeople are acting bizarre for unknown reasons. There’s a deep, dark secret afoot, and your Sim can solve the mystery in The Sims™ 4 StrangerVille!* On February 26, 2019, the strangeness will be released on PC and Mac.

Suit Up
Your Sim will meet many locals and search for clues. But, before they do, you can outfit them in StrangerVille-style clothes! Will it be the bomber jacket and distressed jeans? A prairie-style dress? Or, the super-serious lab coat? Get your Sim prepared in any way you like.

Head Out
Okay, you’ve got your gear. So, where do you head off to? You could get to know locals (and secrets) at the watering hole. Even visit the library to meet scientists who may or may not know important information. But, your Sim can’t be in two places at once. So, you may have to rely on some “equipment” to gather more information.

Follow the Clues

When it starts getting really weird out there, DON’T PANIC! EVEN THOUGH THIS PART IS ALL IN CAPS! Strange weather, odd behavior, and things that glow? Sheesh. The mystery just keeps unfolding. But you just may be one step closer to solving the puzzle.

What’s out there, Simmers? Find out February 26, 2019. Until then, chat with fellow community members on The Sims 4 Forums, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, like us on Facebook, and subscribe to our YouTube channel. Sign up for The Sims 4 newsletter and get Grim's Ghoulish Guitar for free!*

*Requires The Sims 4 game (sold separately) and all game updates to play. See minimum system requirements for this pack.

[url=https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/my-home#%2Fstore]https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/my-home#%2Fstore[/url]

Last edited by Misfit203 on Tue 26 Feb 2019, 20:01; edited 17 times in total

Back to top Go down

New Sims 4 Pack: Strangerville now available on zlOrigin. [CLOSED] Empty Re: New Sims 4 Pack: Strangerville now available on zlOrigin. [CLOSED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 19 Feb 2019, 20:01

Looks like some kind of military-related DLC...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

New Sims 4 Pack: Strangerville now available on zlOrigin. [CLOSED] Empty Strangerville Map

Post by Guest Tue 19 Feb 2019, 20:31

Welcome to StrangerVille – “The only thing stranger than the people is the flora!” StrangerVille is a quiet little town with a strange problem. The residence are very friendly, but at night things start to get more interesting. If you want to find out more about this town you can find Military Personnel hanging out at the Local Bar, Scientists researching at the Local Library, and that Curio Shop stand is sure to have some strange odds and ends by the trailer park.

Welcome to StrangerVille – A seemingly normal world shrouded in secrecy. Watch the world change before you as you dig deeper and deeper into the mystery. Unravel its secrets to the world, fall in love with its charm.

Roger That – Join the all new Military Career, where your Sim can become a Grand Marshall. Or maybe take the path of a Covert Operator to keep tabs on suspicious (or maybe, not that suspicious *wink*) Sims in the world.

Leave No Stone Unturned – With the new StrangerVille Mystery Aspiration, your Sims will be in headfirst into the investigation. Can your Sims uncover what is truly behind what is plaguing the town?

Secret Lab – Locals say ever since the Secret Lab got built, the town has been…acting weird. But the only way to find out is to investigate! Traverse the lowest levels of the Secret Lab and see what hides behind the curtain.

New Sims 4 Pack: Strangerville now available on zlOrigin. [CLOSED] World-Map-StrangerVille

Last edited by Misfit203 on Thu 21 Feb 2019, 22:14; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

New Sims 4 Pack: Strangerville now available on zlOrigin. [CLOSED] Empty Re: New Sims 4 Pack: Strangerville now available on zlOrigin. [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Tue 19 Feb 2019, 20:42

According to simscommunity.info it's going to be a Game Pack.

"Coming soon" is on blue background so I guess it only confirms it.

Back to top Go down

New Sims 4 Pack: Strangerville now available on zlOrigin. [CLOSED] Empty Strangerville Comic

Post by Guest Tue 19 Feb 2019, 20:47

Strangerville Comic Part 1
New Sims 4 Pack: Strangerville now available on zlOrigin. [CLOSED] Ts4-media-gallery-comic1-en-02-16x9.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.900w
New Sims 4 Pack: Strangerville now available on zlOrigin. [CLOSED] Ts4-media-gallery-comic1-en-03-16x9.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.900w
New Sims 4 Pack: Strangerville now available on zlOrigin. [CLOSED] Ts4-media-gallery-comic1-en-04-16x9.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.900w
New Sims 4 Pack: Strangerville now available on zlOrigin. [CLOSED] Ts4-media-gallery-comic1-en-05a-16x9.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.900w
New Sims 4 Pack: Strangerville now available on zlOrigin. [CLOSED] Ts4-media-gallery-comic1-en-05b-16x9.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.900w
New Sims 4 Pack: Strangerville now available on zlOrigin. [CLOSED] Ts4-media-gallery-comic1-en-06a-16x9.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.900w
New Sims 4 Pack: Strangerville now available on zlOrigin. [CLOSED] Ts4-media-gallery-comic1-en-06b-16x9.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.900w
New Sims 4 Pack: Strangerville now available on zlOrigin. [CLOSED] Ts4-media-gallery-comic1-en-06c-16x9.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.900w
New Sims 4 Pack: Strangerville now available on zlOrigin. [CLOSED] Ts4-media-gallery-comic1-en-07-16x9.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.900w

Comic Part 2

New Sims 4 Pack: Strangerville now available on zlOrigin. [CLOSED] Ts4-media-gallery-comic02-en-02a-16x9.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.900w
New Sims 4 Pack: Strangerville now available on zlOrigin. [CLOSED] Ts4-media-gallery-comic02-en-02b-16x9.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.900w
New Sims 4 Pack: Strangerville now available on zlOrigin. [CLOSED] Ts4-media-gallery-comic02-en-02c-16x9.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.900w
New Sims 4 Pack: Strangerville now available on zlOrigin. [CLOSED] Ts4-media-gallery-comic02-en-03-16x9.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.900w
New Sims 4 Pack: Strangerville now available on zlOrigin. [CLOSED] Ts4-media-gallery-comic02-en-04a-16x9.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.900w
New Sims 4 Pack: Strangerville now available on zlOrigin. [CLOSED] Ts4-media-gallery-comic02-en-04b-16x9.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.900w
New Sims 4 Pack: Strangerville now available on zlOrigin. [CLOSED] Ts4-media-gallery-comic02-en-05-16x9.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.900w
New Sims 4 Pack: Strangerville now available on zlOrigin. [CLOSED] Ts4-media-gallery-comic02-en-06-16x9.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.900w
New Sims 4 Pack: Strangerville now available on zlOrigin. [CLOSED] Ts4-media-gallery-comic02-en-07a-16x9.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.900w
New Sims 4 Pack: Strangerville now available on zlOrigin. [CLOSED] Ts4-media-gallery-comic02-en-07b-16x9.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.900w
New Sims 4 Pack: Strangerville now available on zlOrigin. [CLOSED] Ts4-media-gallery-comic02-en-07c-16x9.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.900w
New Sims 4 Pack: Strangerville now available on zlOrigin. [CLOSED] Ts4-media-gallery-comic02-en-08-16x9.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.900w
New Sims 4 Pack: Strangerville now available on zlOrigin. [CLOSED] Ts4-media-gallery-comic02-en-09-16x9.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.900w
New Sims 4 Pack: Strangerville now available on zlOrigin. [CLOSED] Ts4-media-gallery-comic02-en-010a-16x9.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.900w
New Sims 4 Pack: Strangerville now available on zlOrigin. [CLOSED] Ts4-media-gallery-comic02-en-010b-16x9.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.900w

Last edited by Misfit203 on Sat 23 Feb 2019, 01:41; edited 4 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Feb 2019, 21:41

to see more of what the simgurus are saying and showing, just check out my twitter list.
it follows 57 people. 43 of them are sims 4 sim gurus, then there are a few really popular sims sites or modders.

make that 58, i was so focused on finding simguru accounts, i forgot to add @thesims lol

i'm not doing this cause im looking for followers, it's just the best way to see the latest info
that wont keep me here copying tweets all day. feel free to subscribe to the list, or don't.
like i said, doesnt matter to me.

My Sims 4 twitter list: https://twitter.com/misfit203/lists/the-sims-pc

Last edited by Misfit203 on Thu 21 Feb 2019, 22:20; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Unesty Thu 21 Feb 2019, 07:27

It looks alright, like any of the other dlc's I'll be bored of playing it after a week or so. I've been playing The Sims 2 and I dont get bored, I can play for hours. I don't understand what is it with TS4 that bores me so quickly. 
Don't wanna be one of those people who complain before a dlc is even released but history thought me that it is the sims 4 that is boring and no amount of dlc is gonna be able to fix it.
Unesty
Unesty
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : SWTOR, Sims 2, Sims 3, Spore, Assasin's Creed II & Brotherhood & Revelations, GTA: Vice City & San Andreas, Cities: Skylines

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Feb 2019, 08:58

@unesty I couldnt agree more, i feel the same way. i spend more time getting excited over new packs than i actually do playing them once they release. but being a sims lover since day one of the franchise, i cant help but hope that one of these packs or updates makes it something to be happy about, but i know deep down it wont. I just use these little moments of excitement to get me by as i patiently wait for sims 5 and hope that latest technology allows them to make a real sims game like the games of the past.

some games today have open world small countries, i find it hard to believe that the sims franchise cant evolve into something greater in the future. til then all we can do is wait.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 22 Feb 2019, 21:03

I hope there will be a tinfoil hat for wear, under CAS.

Haters gonna hate
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Feb 2019, 01:31

The_gh0stm4n wrote:I hope there will be a tinfoil hat for wear, under CAS.

Haters gonna hate

I think they already exist and are unlocked thru the scientist career. the above photo is from 2015, found it in the sims forums.
New Sims 4 Pack: Strangerville now available on zlOrigin. [CLOSED] Scientist-career-outfit-tin-foil-hat

this next photo i believe is coming from the strangerville pack.

New Sims 4 Pack: Strangerville now available on zlOrigin. [CLOSED] 0L7IrDop_400x400

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Feb 2019, 08:34

I found an interesting comment on a page about spoilers in game code. I didnt read the spoiler itself, but i did find out that mother isnt what i think it is. hmm... I'm totally clueless. the comment didnt say what it is, only what it's not.

To see what mother is not, click here.:

Gatekeeper Edit: BBCode spoiler fixed.

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Feb 2019, 11:06

I do. Wanted to check something in language files and stumbled upon a line that says what mother is... But no spoilers, wait till DLC release. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 24 Feb 2019, 16:22

I remember that the DLC from last year were all announced somewhat well in advance, about a month or so. The announcement for Strangerville came out...what? A week or so before the intended release date?

New marketing strategy ("reducing pre-release hype phase"), or a sign to not expect too much from this DLC? Or maybe even both...?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mynxie Sun 24 Feb 2019, 20:21

I don't expect much from this DLC but solving mysteries seems pretty fun.
Mynxie
Mynxie
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, fallout, GTA, Dragon Age, Civilization, World of Warcraft, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, The Elder Scrolls, Resident Evil, Team Fortress 2, Call of Duty, Mafia, Saints Row, and many more...

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Feb 2019, 13:03

New patch 1.50.67.1020 already available via ZLOrigin.
This is just the patch and not yet the expansion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Feb 2019, 15:26

I wonder if we'll get the new DLC before release on zlOrigin. i remember one pack i believe it was get famous, though it could have been another one, it came the day before release. fingers crossed.

btw i love what they did on twitter with this pack before its announcement. throwing out tiny bits to the rumor mill and watching all the speculation get spit out. top that off with all the simguru's wackiness in the day leading up to. i thought it was awesome.

#EDIT#
I found out why zlOrigin had get famous early, gamepacks and stuff packs release worldwide at the same time, but expansion packs have different release times depending on location.

Last edited by Misfit203 on Tue 26 Feb 2019, 17:38; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Unesty Tue 26 Feb 2019, 07:26

The twitter thing was brilliant. It was a very good advertising campaign on their part. It got me hyped about the new dlc and I am usually in such a sour mood about everything Sims 4.
It does sounds intriguing, it will be fun to dive in and solve a mystery. I am more exited about the stuff I can build that goes with the secret theme lab and conspiracy theorist stuff. I hope some of the buildable lots have height difference in them because I haven't yet played around with the terrain tools. 
I just build houses and then get bored and never play in them. 
Also I think reducing the pre-hype is a good idea because fans can get very creative with the things that can be in the pack and when it's out and they're not in it, it's a disappointment. If I remember correctly there wasn't much time between the last dlc's announcement and it's release. It seems like this is their new strategy
Unesty
Unesty
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : SWTOR, Sims 2, Sims 3, Spore, Assasin's Creed II & Brotherhood & Revelations, GTA: Vice City & San Andreas, Cities: Skylines

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Feb 2019, 17:57

Hello, I don't quite know where to post this but since StrangerVille comes out next and might fix the problem I thought I'd give it a shot here: 

Since the last update (1.47 I think) for GET FAMOUS, a few errors and bugs have appeared for my Sim. The two major ones I've noticed is that she cannot use the STREAMING table ( I don't know the objects name, the item with which you can upload streams and videos ) and the second one is that the buttons 1, 2, 3 do not work for the time anymore. 

How could this be fixed?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Feb 2019, 18:08

simsus1234 wrote:Hello, I don't quite know where to post this but since StrangerVille comes out next and might fix the problem I thought I'd give it a shot here: 

Since the last update (1.47 I think) for GET FAMOUS, a few errors and bugs have appeared for my Sim. The two major ones I've noticed is that she cannot use the STREAMING table ( I don't know the objects name, the item with which you can upload streams and videos ) and the second one is that the buttons 1, 2, 3 do not work for the time anymore. 

How could this be fixed?
When you are using mods/scripts in your game move, not copy, your mods folder to your Desktop.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Feb 2019, 19:17

So excited to play this pack it looks awesome Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Feb 2019, 19:20

Tarac wrote:
simsus1234 wrote:Hello, I don't quite know where to post this but since StrangerVille comes out next and might fix the problem I thought I'd give it a shot here: 

How could this be fixed?
When you are using mods/scripts in your game move, not copy, your mods folder to your Desktop.
Yep, you're right. I got rid of the UI script moods and the 1,2,3 buttons work again... However, the streaming station still doesn't work. Whenever my Sim wants to interact with it, there is no path available. It shrugs and that's it. I tried every location, even bulldozed the lot and still, she can't use the station. Must be a bug.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 26 Feb 2019, 20:02

Is it out already??????!!!1111

clown
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

New Sims 4 Pack: Strangerville now available on zlOrigin. [CLOSED] Empty Sims 4 strangerville

Post by Guest Tue 26 Feb 2019, 20:11

Does anyone know when the pack comes out in torrent?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 26 Feb 2019, 20:13

Chrysoulaorf wrote:Does anyone know when the pack comes out in torrent?

Maybe tomorrow, or the day after. But not sure yet.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Feb 2019, 21:02

It's ready to download on IGG Games (codex) Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top