Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need some help, ran the Verifier and just installed the newest update

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I need some help, ran the Verifier and just installed the newest update Empty I need some help, ran the Verifier and just installed the newest update

Post by Guest Mon 04 Mar 2019, 07:47

Hello, I was a bit behind on the downloads for the new packs so I went and downloaded from Get Famous up until the newest update that was said to fix said before get famous bugs. My game has always run perfectly before this just as some background info, and the only reason I decided to download up to the current DLC is because I couldn't load my save files, so I heard that could fix it.
However whenever I open my game its giving me the initialization failure and this is what came up in the Verifier::

report:

Can someone please help me? I would like to begin to play again soon. If you need more info lmk

Back to top Go down

I need some help, ran the Verifier and just installed the newest update Empty Re: I need some help, ran the Verifier and just installed the newest update

Post by Guest Mon 04 Mar 2019, 10:46

It look like you did not (correctly) apply Strangerville judging from your version number.
After Strangerwille this should be 1.50.67.1020

Back to top Go down

I need some help, ran the Verifier and just installed the newest update Empty Re: I need some help, ran the Verifier and just installed the newest update

Post by Guest Mon 04 Mar 2019, 18:05

Tarac wrote:It look like you did not (correctly) apply Strangerville judging from your version number.
After Strangerwille this should be 1.50.67.1020
Oh... yeah I didn't apply strangerville. I didn't think that could be what's causing the errors. Will try that now

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 Mar 2019, 20:02

Fortunately both files you're missing are also included in StrangerVille release. Just make sure to delete those files:
game/bin/python33.dll
game/bin/python33_x64.dll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 Mar 2019, 02:21

Alright, so I've deleted the two files you mentioned above. Game opens which it didn't do before, but goes to a loading screen > then a black screen crash. No error message. I must've done something else wrong WhatDidUJustCallMe? Running it through validator again:
report:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 Mar 2019, 03:26

anadius wrote:Fortunately both files you're missing are also included in StrangerVille release. Just make sure to delete those files:
game/bin/python33.dll
game/bin/python33_x64.dll
report:

This is the full scan. As I said, it is crashing after being on the loading screen for a bit. Could you help me again? ;0;

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 Mar 2019, 19:22

Extract "Delta" and "Game" folders from StrangerVille again. Use the newest 7-zip.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Mar 2019, 02:12

Just did that. During this it was saying that it didn't have the permissions to delete or open some files- but my defender is off and permissions are set for the file. So I ran the verifier again. I'm super confused 

report:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Mar 2019, 04:00

anadius wrote:Extract "Delta" and "Game" folders from StrangerVille again. Use the newest 7-zip.
My game is fixed now, and I have all of the updates installed. TYVM. Now I'm having an issue with getting Mods and my old saves back. I have them on a flashdrive and put them where I regularly would, in The Sims 4 folder.  Doesn't show up in game though. Hopefully I'll figure it out but I appreciate the help to fix my game

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Mar 2019, 11:27

Mods etc. go to the Sims 4 folder in Documents\Electronic Arts. Not to your installatrion folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top