Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does the alternative intstaller get updates?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Does the alternative intstaller get updates? Empty Does the alternative intstaller get updates?

Post by Guest Mon 11 Mar 2019, 12:10

Does the alternative intstaller get updates? Is strangerville available for the alternative installer yet? Or can I use the regular strangerville download when I have previously used the alternative installer?

Back to top Go down

Does the alternative intstaller get updates? Empty Re: Does the alternative intstaller get updates?

Post by Guest Mon 11 Mar 2019, 12:17

1. Yes it does. Every time I update it I post announcement on:
- my Discord server (link in alternative installer thread)
- my tumblr (link in my profile)
- alternative installer thread (you can click "Watch this topic for replies" to get notification on forum)

2. Yes, you can use G4TW release of StrangerVille if your game is version 1.47.49.1020 or later.

Back to top Go down

Does the alternative intstaller get updates? Empty Re: Does the alternative intstaller get updates?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 11 Mar 2019, 15:10

The alternative installer is a simplified way - if you like - of "transporting" the necessary game files and folders onto a hard-drive. That aside...

...regardless of whether you end up using anadius's stuff, the G4TW repacks, or any other repacker, you will ALWAYS end up with an installation folder "The Sims 4". From which you are then able to start the game, and add updates to it later on (by means of copy/paste).

There is an 'anomaly' though, with that all-in-one .iso. You can start up the .iso file within a virtual drive (in programs like PowerISO), or comfortably with the Windows 10 Explorer. Technically you don't need to extract the .iso stuff to be able to play the game. It's still recommended though to extract the .iso contents, which will again bring you a folder "The Sims 4", somewhere on your hard-drive. From then on you can again add new DLC later on.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top