Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GraphicsRules Maker doesn't help change the resolution in Sims 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GraphicsRules Maker doesn't help change the resolution in Sims 2 Empty GraphicsRules Maker doesn't help change the resolution in Sims 2

Post by Guest Tue 28 May 2019, 01:16

I am sorry if this thread has already been made, but I am desperate.
I have downloaded the new Ultimate Collection Origin version from here. I have followed all the instructions and the game works, but even though I did everything according to the rules, GraphicsRules Maker has failed to make resolutions higher than 800x600 available. That's still the only resolution I can get. I even tried manually editing the Config files but it still doesn't work.  Sad I need help.

Back to top Go down

GraphicsRules Maker doesn't help change the resolution in Sims 2 Empty Re: GraphicsRules Maker doesn't help change the resolution in Sims 2

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 28 May 2019, 02:22

LunarWolf94 wrote:I am sorry if this thread has already been made, but I am desperate.
I have downloaded the new Ultimate Collection Origin version from here. I have followed all the instructions and the game works, but even though I did everything according to the rules, GraphicsRules Maker has failed to make resolutions higher than 800x600 available. That's still the only resolution I can get. I even tried manually editing the Config files but it still doesn't work.  Sad  I need help.

I assume you made sure to configure the correct "path", in this tab here? So that it says "Game found, video cards database loaded"? Screenshot from my own system.

GraphicsRules Maker doesn't help change the resolution in Sims 2 CrfwKdh

Did you also make it such that your graphics card is "in the database", in the other tab here?

GraphicsRules Maker doesn't help change the resolution in Sims 2 IL8t0SK

There are also the tabs "Graphics Rules.sgr Preview" and "Video Cards.sgr Preview". I suppose you could theoretically try copying and pasting each of the texts, into .txt files, and then manually saving them. Make sure to actually rename the files as "Graphics Rules.sgr" and "Video Cards.sgr" respectively. Also make sure to change the file format from .txt to .sgr; you can do so during the process of renaming. Hover with the mouse over the .txt portion and put .sgr instead. 

Save the files, then copy/paste them manually under your install location of the game, and the Fun with Pets/SP9/TSData/Res/Config subfolder. Replace the existing files of course, when prompted. Then try the game again.

Good luck for now!  Yess, aye lieeke!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

GraphicsRules Maker doesn't help change the resolution in Sims 2 Empty Extremely Stuck!

Post by Guest Sun 13 Oct 2019, 07:26

Hello, I have tried everything to get it to change the resolution of the game and nothing will work. I used the provided Graphics Rule Maker program and also tried changing it myself; following the tutorial to a T.  I am absolutely stumped on what else to do other than uninstalling the game and re-trying.
Thanks in advance,

Back to top Go down

GraphicsRules Maker doesn't help change the resolution in Sims 2 Empty Re: GraphicsRules Maker doesn't help change the resolution in Sims 2

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 13 Oct 2019, 15:24

Leasha9227 wrote:Hello, I have tried everything to get it to change the resolution of the game and nothing will work. I used the provided Graphics Rule Maker program and also tried changing it myself; following the tutorial to a T.  I am absolutely stumped on what else to do other than uninstalling the game and re-trying.
Thanks in advance,

Hello again,

One thing I am able to come up with, for the moment at least, is this. Let's also forget about the GraphicsRulesMaker for a minute. If you want to try editing the files on your own, then copy the original text files to the desktop. Edit the text file on the desktop, then.

Now: once you have modified the file (on the desktop) to your liking, copy it back to the original location. Stupid Windows is probably going to give you multiple warnings, which you should ignore. Also make sure to choose "replace the existing files".

See if your system allows you to do that. 

Make The Forum Great Red star from Carlos
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top