Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trouble with Sims 3 Ultimate Fix.[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Trouble with Sims 3 Ultimate Fix.[SOLVED] Empty Trouble with Sims 3 Ultimate Fix.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 17 Feb 2012, 04:28

1. First I installed Sims 3 base game from Razor 1911. I played it for a while with their crack before installing any expansions or stuff packs.

2. I installed all the expansions and stuff packs. If it matters where they are from, Pets and Outdoor Living Stuff were from Fairlight, Late Night, Adventures and Town Life Stuff were from Reloaded, Ambitions was from Vitality, and Generations, Fast Lane Stuff, High End Loft Stuff and Master Suite Stuff were from G4TW. I did not apply any of the patches for these expansions or stuff packs at this point.

3. I applied the Ultimate Fix.
A. Copied the TS3.exe and TSLHost.dll dated 2/2/2011 into the base game bin directory
B. Copied the executable and TSLHost.dll file dated 2/2/2011 from the appropriate directory in the Ultimate Fix into the respecitve bin directories of World Adventures, Outdoor Living Stuff, Late Night, High End Loft Stuff, Fast Lane Stuff and Ambitions.
C. Copied the TS3W.exe and TSLHost.dll dated 9/15/2011 from the Master Life, Pets, Town Life and Generations directory into the base game bin directory (the TSLHost.dll I copied in step A dated 2/2/2011 was overwritten at this point.)
D. Ran the manual patch
E. Copied the TS3W.exe and TSLHost.dll dated 12/17/2011 from the # Crack folder to the base game bin directory.

4. I ran the game, using a shortcut to TS3W.exe (somewhere along the line from step 2 on I seem to have lost the launcher?)

5. I receive an error that says "Unable to start game Service initialization failed (0x024e424f)

Can you see what I'm doing wrong?

Back to top Go down

Trouble with Sims 3 Ultimate Fix.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Trouble with Sims 3 Ultimate Fix.[SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 17 Feb 2012, 09:21

Hello,
On first glance nothing seems to have gone wrong, but you might want to check your base game version as shown in the image below, just to make sure the patch went allright.
Unless you've been using mods/cc prior to installing the sp's and ep's, if you did, they're seriously outdated now and the cause of this error.
Trouble with Sims 3 Ultimate Fix.[SOLVED] V79l5e
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Trouble with Sims 3 Ultimate Fix.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Trouble with Sims 3 Ultimate Fix.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 17 Feb 2012, 12:22

Thanks for the response. The one thing I noticed was that during the installation of the expansions and stuff packs was that my launcher disappeared. When I was installing a couple of them, it would say it needs to perform an update before installing and it would error out - but the second time I ran the installation it went fine so I didn't think much of it. Is there a way to get the launcher back?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 17 Feb 2012, 17:11

Hello,
You can try opening it from the base game\bin in your install directory. While you're there, look for a text file called skuversion and open it, that will also tell you what your base game version is.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Feb 2012, 01:16

Here's the contents of that file:

GameVersion = 1.29.55.014002
Code:0.ML-1.0.1266
Asset:1.Content.ml.307
Thumbnails:1.Thumbnail.ml.3
TCC:1.TCC.ml.98

I don't even see the launcher executable anymore in my bin directory. I'm guessing I should reinstall? Would I need to reinstall everything or just the base game?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 18 Feb 2012, 11:46

Hello,
Nothing at all referring to the launcher in there? That's weird.
I'm not sure what your next move should be, so I'd recommend waiting for Admin's thoughts.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 18 Feb 2012, 12:29

Hello,

Try as following:

1. Download and apply this patch: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v129-fix-manual-patch
2. Re-download and re-apply the latest version of the Ultimate Fix from here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems (It's very important you re-download the file)

4. Start the game and tell us the result.

Good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Feb 2012, 12:36

I had to reinstall the base game, but then applying the ultimate fix everything is working. The launcher executable missing was probably symptom of another problem and other files were probably missing too. Anyway, I'm up and running now. Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 18 Feb 2012, 12:37

Hello,
That's great news!
Don't hesitate to post if you need anything again.
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top