Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ERROR - I can't see my roofs in live mode!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ERROR - I can't see my roofs in live mode! Empty ERROR - I can't see my roofs in live mode!

Post by Guest Sat 22 Jun 2019, 15:53

Hi guys,

I have this problem where I can't see the roof of my house because I can't go to the top level of my build. I deleted all my CC and restarted my game but I still can't see the roof. I really hope there is an easy way to fix this and I don't have to reinstall my whole game. Could anyone help?

As you can see in the image, my roofs aren't showing up but I can't get a level higher. (I only have this problem in live mode, I can see the roofs in build mode)

I would really appreciate the help!ERROR - I can't see my roofs in live mode! Error10

Back to top Go down

ERROR - I can't see my roofs in live mode! Empty Re: ERROR - I can't see my roofs in live mode!

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 22 Jun 2019, 20:48

Swimmersimmer wrote:Hi guys,

I have this problem where I can't see the roof of my house because I can't go to the top level of my build. I deleted all my CC and restarted my game but I still can't see the roof. I really hope there is an easy way to fix this and I don't have to reinstall my whole game. Could anyone help?

Hello,

I can't provide specific help for this particular issue, but the "Simgurus" have stated they are aware of certain glitches. Indicators point to another mini-patch or hotfix, by EA. I cannot tell whether your issue is a glitch or not.

On a general level, I don't recommend uninstalling and re-installing an entire game, unless there is truly a game-breaking problem or something. Yes, the problem you described is a nuisance, but in my experience uninstalling/re-installing alone does not fix problems. In fact, there is a bigger chance that something can go wrong.

I can tag @grieralexander again, maybe he can provide more insight on whether that could be a bug.  Good job!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

ERROR - I can't see my roofs in live mode! Empty Re: ERROR - I can't see my roofs in live mode!

Post by grieralexander Sat 22 Jun 2019, 21:56

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Swimmersimmer wrote:Hi guys,

Hello,

I can't provide specific help for this particular issue, but the "Simgurus" have stated they are aware of certain glitches. Indicators point to another mini-patch or hotfix, by EA. I cannot tell whether your issue is a glitch or not.

On a general level, I don't recommend uninstalling and re-installing an entire game, unless there is truly a game-breaking problem or something. Yes, the problem you described is a nuisance, but in my experience uninstalling/re-installing alone does not fix problems. In fact, there is a bigger chance that something can go wrong.

I can tag @grieralexander again, maybe he can provide more insight on whether that could be a bug.  Good job!
I am testing the build mode now and as a matter of fact I am building a house on stills; also the roof I used is CC and it has not given me any problems, I also tested the new roofs that came with the expansion and have not had that problem. I also combed the gripe sites to see if there was any complaints about that glitch, but no. By looking at your photos, I think that your roof may have exceeded the height limit, which has happened to me before, so there is no roof. My suggestion is to make your walls or your foundation shorter and see if you can see it and go up to that level, if you can delete the roof, make another not as high and play with walls heights and foundation to see how high you can go, before you get a glitch. Let us know if this solves your problem.
grieralexander
grieralexander
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Sims 4; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top