Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 2 4GB Patch File. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 2 4GB Patch File. [SOLVED] Empty Sims 2 4GB Patch File. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 12 Jul 2019, 23:28

Hello

I have a new pc now and I am trying to install my games collection back. So I tried to download Sims 2 and the 4gb patch but the download site insists I need to deactivate adblocker. I already deactivated it and I can clearly see a few hundred ads and even a popup which has a 10 second countdown before I can close but after it shows all the ads it keeps blocking the page telling me to deactivate the adblocker. 

Is there any other way of downloading the patch file like a torrent or something ?

Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Sims 2 4GB Patch File. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 2 4GB Patch File. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 13 Jul 2019, 00:16

Hello,

We have these ads on (most) download links here, to help us finance the operating costs of the Forum. And yes, the way it is set up, the project depends on the 'goodwill' of people to support in that regard.

If it doesn't work, it could be a temporary technical issue with the advertising company, in which case you may have to wait and try again later. Or, there is an issue with a browser extension or plugin. Or, there is a problem with browser cookies/cache, in which case you should try clearing them. Or there is some other odd reason why it doesn't work for some individual users. You can rest assured that any information will be posted here, once we find out about issues. From my end it is probably going to be moot, to speculate about further possibilities on what could be wrong. Especially if these issues only occur with some people, but not all.

As for your current problem, you can also download the thing from the following site. Yess, aye lieeke!
https://ntcore.com/?page_id=371
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 Jul 2019, 01:55

Thank you for your quick reply and help. 

I understand the necessity of ads, actually I don't complain about ads. It's just that i already disabled it. The real reason we use these adblockers isn't forums and sites that try to survive with bits of advertisement income. You know the real reason is, google itself and its greedy and nonstop advertising policies which already crossed some lines. 

Anyway thanks again for the help. I think this file will work with both sims 2 and 3.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 13 Jul 2019, 20:47

Quetze wrote:Thank you for your quick reply and help. 

I understand the necessity of ads, actually I don't complain about ads. It's just that i already disabled it. The real reason we use these adblockers isn't forums and sites that try to survive with bits of advertisement income. You know the real reason is, google itself and its greedy and nonstop advertising policies which already crossed some lines. 

Anyway thanks again for the help. I think this file will work with both sims 2 and 3.

No offence taken, and you're welcome.

Yes, I myself used the thing on The Sims 2 and The Sims 3. However, I don't think you need to use it on The Sims 4 (besides, I hear they will abolish 32-bit support for The Sims 4 anyhow in the near future).

Needless to say, though I will: also make sure to back up important things like these, so you don't need to re-download them in the future. Looking for bad joke
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top