Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Invalid File.. v1.32 manual patch problem.. haven't found the answer here.[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Invalid File.. v1.32 manual patch problem.. haven't found the answer here.[SOLVED] Empty Invalid File.. v1.32 manual patch problem.. haven't found the answer here.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 14 Mar 2012, 01:35

Hello!

I recently downloaded Showtime.. I had installed it and done most of the ultimate fix when I got to the part where I refresh and update.. When it was about done I got the "Invalid File" error which everyone here seems to be familiar with.

I then did what the ultimate fix guide told me to do which was the manual patch. I DID NOT skip ANY steps.. including downloading v1.31.. I am pretty sure I wasn't updated to that anyways.

In regedit.. my SKU was already at 2.. so I left it.

It still came up with the "Invalid File" error.. so I looked around here and saw a couple people suggesting to put the SKU back to 1 and then 2 again which I did.. It does not have an 'apply' button thought.. just an 'ok' button.. so I pressed 'ok'.. closed the registry.. and opened it back up and put it back to 2.

The "Invalid File" error is still coming up.. A few things that I noticed that my computer or I may be doing wrong is the manual patch guide says to download and then "Apply" the v1.31 download.. I may not know how to "Apply" it..

Also my downloads go straight to the desktop.. so maybe the v1.31 and v1.32 downloads are supposed to be placed somewhere else? Please help!!

Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Invalid File.. v1.32 manual patch problem.. haven't found the answer here.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Invalid File.. v1.32 manual patch problem.. haven't found the answer here.[SOLVED]

Post by grieralexander Wed 14 Mar 2012, 02:58

Jooshua wrote:Hello!

I recently downloaded Showtime.. I had installed it and done most of the ultimate fix when I got to the part where I refresh and update.. When it was about done I got the "Invalid File" error which everyone here seems to be familiar with.

I then did what the ultimate fix guide told me to do which was the manual patch. I DID NOT skip ANY steps.. including downloading v1.31.. I am pretty sure I wasn't updated to that anyways.

In regedit.. my SKU was already at 2.. so I left it.. Here it is where you made the mistake! Change it to 1 , apply and then back to 2 and apply again. Before you do this repatch manualy to 1.31. A box will pop up telling you you've alredy aplied this patch and if you want to reinstall it again, click yes and then regedit. Let us know.

It still came up with the "Invalid File" error.. so I looked around here and saw a couple people suggesting to put the SKU back to 1 and then 2 again which I did.. It does not have an 'apply' button thought.. just an 'ok' button.. so I pressed 'ok'.. closed the registry.. and opened it back up and put it back to 2.

The "Invalid File" error is still coming up.. A few things that I noticed that my computer or I may be doing wrong is the manual patch guide says to download and then "Apply" the v1.31 download.. I may not know how to "Apply" it..

Also my downloads go straight to the desktop.. so maybe the v1.31 and v1.32 downloads are supposed to be placed somewhere else? Please help!!

Thank you!

grieralexander
grieralexander
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Sims 4; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord

Male

Back to top Go down

Invalid File.. v1.32 manual patch problem.. haven't found the answer here.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Invalid File.. v1.32 manual patch problem.. haven't found the answer here.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 14 Mar 2012, 04:11

I was having the same problem. Worked for me. Thanks grieralexander

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Mar 2012, 04:32

grieralexander,

Thank you for your response! But if you had kept reading you would have seen that I did look around here and saw people suggesting to put it back to 1 hit 'ok' and then back to 2 and hit 'ok'.. which I did and it still did not work.

Also there wasn't an option to press 'apply' just an 'ok' button which I did click.

I think maybe I am not applying the patch or something of that nature.. When I download the v1.31 it goes to my desktop.. am I supposed to double click it or open it in anyway?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Mar 2012, 04:38

It doesnt matter where the patch is downloaded to as long as you can reapply it.

Also did you download the Updated Ultimate Fix? If you didnt here is the LINK

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Mar 2012, 05:02

Yes I have the recent Ultimate Fix. The reapplying is what I think I am being less than smart about lol

How do I reapply it? Just by downloading it.. because that's all I have done.. Am I supposed to open something else up to apply the patch? Because once it was on my desktop I tried double clicking it but it was either taking incredibly long or was not responding.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Mar 2012, 05:09

No the patch should open when you double click it. When reinstalling the 1.31 patch you'll more than likely get a message that says "You currently have 1.31 installed" or something like that. Just select yes to reinstall

can you post a pic to see what the file looks like?

It should look something like this.......

Invalid File.. v1.32 manual patch problem.. haven't found the answer here.[SOLVED] Captur13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Mar 2012, 05:20

Yes that is what the file looks like.. and I restarted and double clicked it again and it popped right up this time!!

It must have been a problem with my PC speed.. thank you so much for your help!

I will come back and update if everything works out fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Mar 2012, 05:29

*Crosses FIngers* Hope it works for you but if it doesnt ill be willing to help you figure out what the problem is

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Mar 2012, 05:34

i downloaded mine from other sites. 1.32 patch. i cant update from the launcher either, getting this invalid file error. so i updated manually and worked like a bomb with the crack admin updated for.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Mar 2012, 06:50

Weird I just came back on here.. I must have posted my thank you reply in another thread on accident lol

It works now!! Thank you all for your help.. you guys can always fix my sims 3 issues!! I greatly appreciate it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Mar 2012, 07:13

NO problem we're here to help

If you have anymore issues feel free to ask

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top