Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game freezes when trying to place custom lot

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game freezes when trying to place custom lot Empty Game freezes when trying to place custom lot

Post by Guest Thu 05 Sep 2019, 17:13

First of all, whenever I'm in the gallery looking at my lots, the screen looks like this:

Game freezes when trying to place custom lot Fault10
And when I try to place lots, the game instantly freezes. I can only go to the main menu but the icon that indicates it's 'building' the lot just stops moving and i cant do anything but close the game. I dont know how to fix these problems. I tried  to uninstall all custom content, and i have the latest version of the game, but nothing fixes it. Please help!  Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Game freezes when trying to place custom lot Empty Re: Game freezes when trying to place custom lot

Post by Guest Thu 05 Sep 2019, 17:16

Go to Documents\Electronic Arts and move The Sims 4 folder to desktop. This will start the game fresh, you can move saves back later. If that doesn't solve the problem, run the validator and post the result here.

Back to top Go down

Game freezes when trying to place custom lot Empty Re: Game freezes when trying to place custom lot

Post by Guest Tue 17 Sep 2019, 12:32

Alright, moving the folder didn't work. I ran the validator and this was the result:

report:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Sep 2019, 12:33

Delete those "unknown files".

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Sep 2019, 11:34

I deleted the files but my game still looks the same when trying to place lots, and now it seems to be getting more broken, for example when I try to play a household it just loads me to the worlds menu. Do I need to just give up and reinstall the game, or is there anything else I can do to try and fix it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Sep 2019, 12:06

You were supposed to start the game completely fresh. No mods, no saves, no tray items. Go to Documents\Electronic Arts and move The Sims 4 folder to desktop. You can move saves back later, when you confirm it works fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Sep 2019, 13:00

Ran the validator again and it says data/simulation/resource.cfg is missing. How do i get it back?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Sep 2019, 13:04

I sent you that file in private message. You should check your HDD. Files randomly disappearing is a really bad sign.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top