Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Origin seems to be running error upon launch

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Origin seems to be running error upon launch Empty Origin seems to be running error upon launch

Post by Guest Sun 06 Oct 2019, 16:27

After installing the new content - everything from Island Living onwards - I am no longer able to launch the game. I immediately get the Origin seems to be running error. However, Origin is not installed on my system, and the necessary files and folders have been added to my antivirus and firewall exception list. There are also no missing files according to the validator. Thanks in advance for any help.

Back to top Go down

Origin seems to be running error upon launch Empty Re: Origin seems to be running error upon launch

Post by Guest Sun 06 Oct 2019, 16:31

Make sure the game is not already running (it could start minimized). Add Game\Bin to anti-virus exception list, block TS4.exe and TS4_x64.exe in your firewall.

Back to top Go down

Origin seems to be running error upon launch Empty Re: Origin seems to be running error upon launch

Post by Guest Mon 07 Oct 2019, 19:42

I tried all of these, but it's still not working. After the origin error, it gives me an error stating The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Oct 2019, 19:46

What anti-virus do you have? What firewall do you have? Show me how you added it to the exception and blocked in firewall. Are you sure you don't have additional anti-viruses or firewalls? The solution I told you is the only one I know.

I think you can ignore the 0xc0000142 error but just in case uninstall VC Redist 2010 and 2013 (both 32- and 64-bit) and then install it again. Installation files can be found in your Sims 4 folder:
__Installer\vc\vc2010sp1\redist\vcredist_x86.exe
__Installer\vc\vc2010sp1\redist\vcredist_x64.exe
__Installer\vc\vc2013\redist\vcredist_x86.exe
__Installer\vc\vc2013\redist\vcredist_x64.exe

And send the screenshot of error message too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top