Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Origin is not running error

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Origin is not running error Empty Origin is not running error

Post by Guest Thu 18 Feb 2016, 16:53

I swear to god, I have tried everything that has been suggested, both here and on other sites, to fix the issue, except for reinstalling the entire system which I have no idea how to do and I'm not really comfortable going that far, since I have no extra harddrive where I can back up my stuff.

Is there really no other way to fix this issue? I reinstalled the game 3 times, did the ultimate fix 10 times, made sure every single file is on my exception list for both my malware fighter (by Iobit) and windows defender, as well as the program itself on my firewall. Plus a bunch of other stuff - I followed the guides 100%, I have bad memory though so I don't quite remember exactly what I did, but I've been at it since last night.

I had no problems whatsoever up until two days ago, the 16th, and I don't know why it suddenly stopped working. Is there any explanation? And please give me the magical way to fix this, I'm so sick of doing the same thing over and over with no results..

Edit: If I don't get it to work, would I be able to buy the basegame and then install the cracked version of Get to work and Get together?

Back to top Go down

Origin is not running error Empty Re: Origin is not running error

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 18 Feb 2016, 19:00

somegirl119 wrote:Is there really no other way to fix this issue? (...)

Edit: If I don't get it to work, would I be able to buy the basegame and then install the cracked version of Get to work and Get together?

Hello and welcome to the forum @somegirl119,

Did you also move the installation folder OUT from Electronic Arts, and for example directly under C:\Program files (x86) ? That is a step that many people overlook. But other than this, and the rest of the 'known' fixes, I'm afraid I can't help more here.

And no, buying the base game is pointless, because you would still need to apply the pirated DLC, and hence also the pirated No-Origin-files. Which would result in the exact same issue.

As I said earlier, and on multiple occasions, EA have definitely learned from the past, and did an arguably good job in making the game as hard to pirate as possible, I'm sorry I can't provide better prospects here. In my opinion, it's not very likely that we will be able to come up with different fixes too, but of course we will see what the future holds.

WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Feb 2016, 19:32

Carlos wrote:
somegirl119 wrote:Is there really no other way to fix this issue? (...)

Hello and welcome to the forum @somegirl119,

Did you also move the installation folder OUT from Electronic Arts, and for example directly under C:\Program files (x86) ? That is a step that many people overlook. But other than this, and the rest of the 'known' fixes, I'm afraid I can't help more here.

And no, buying the base game is pointless, because you would still need to apply the pirated DLC, and hence also the pirated No-Origin-files. Which would result in the exact same issue.

As I said earlier, and on multiple occasions, EA have definitely learned from the past, and did an arguably good job in making the game as hard to pirate as possible, I'm sorry I can't provide better prospects here. In my opinion, it's not very likely that we will be able to come up with different fixes too, but of course we will see what the future holds.

WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Yeah, I tried that too. Thank you for trying, though. A friend borrowed me her origin account with the base game on it (she doesn't use it, she has it on steam instead), so I guess I'll have to just go with that until I find some kind of other solution.  Yess, aye lieeke!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 22 Feb 2016, 18:05

somegirl119 wrote:
Yeah, I tried that too. Thank you for trying, though. A friend borrowed me her origin account with the base game on it (she doesn't use it, she has it on steam instead), so I guess I'll have to just go with that until I find some kind of other solution.  Yess, aye lieeke!

Sorry for the late reply and that it didn't work out. If you have access to a second computer (of e.g. a friend or a relative), try installing the game there and just see what happens. 

I'll leave the topic open, in case you have any updates on this. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top