Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crashes after installing University (when going into the family)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Crashes after installing University (when going into the family) Empty Crashes after installing University (when going into the family)

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2019, 12:59

Hi my game have been running fine prev but after the new installation it crashes. Sometime it says 'Origin seems to be running' at startup... but it starts up anyway but then crashes when selecting the family to play.

Any help?

Back to top Go down

Crashes after installing University (when going into the family) Empty Re: Crashes after installing University (when going into the family)

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2019, 13:09

Mine is not opening it says files missing and to download through origin....
What to do?

Back to top Go down

Crashes after installing University (when going into the family) Empty Re: Crashes after installing University (when going into the family)

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2019, 16:24

anyone?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2019, 16:36

It was happening to me too but when I turned off my mods/cc in the game options I was able to play.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2019, 16:37

but i dont wanna play without my mods lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2019, 16:41

I don't either lol but I just turned them off and started a new game just to try out the University. I'll go back to my old games when my mods are updated. IDK if it's the custom content and the mods or just one or the other and I hate trying to switch everything out and go back and forth so I just turned them off completely for the time being.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2019, 16:56

I'm having a similar problem, after creating a household when I click on a world its just a blank white screen it doesn't load.. and if I try and load an old saved household when I click on the world theres llamas. I've deleted the game folder and replaced it but nothing seems to work

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2019, 17:00

just turned it off but it still crashes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2019, 21:36

I'm having a problem like this, the game crashes when moving sims to a home and also when just trying to play a household. Anyone have an idea what's going on?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 16 Nov 2019, 21:51

If just removing mods doesn't help, try clearing your caches too:

Code:
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/help/cachebackup.php
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2019, 22:15

Update: I fixed my issue, it was 2 script mods which hadn't been updated and that I overlooked while cleaning up my mods Folder. 

A tip I can give is moving your Mods folder to your Desktop then starting the game, so a new Mods Folder is created, then add in the Script Mods one by one and see how the game handles. Good Luck to others having the issue ♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top