Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UNINSTALLED Antivirus Won't Allow Permission for rld.dll File. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

UNINSTALLED Antivirus Won't Allow Permission for rld.dll File. [SOLVED] Empty UNINSTALLED Antivirus Won't Allow Permission for rld.dll File. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 12 Feb 2020, 05:11

Hello,

I'm really at my wits end here and I'm seeking some assistance for this issue. I've recently had an antivirus program installed on my PC (running Windows 7, 64-bit) as a free trial. The trial ended a few months ago and quite honestly, I've forgotten I even had it until I tried to update the game via the steps posted on this forum since Sunday (trying to install from Steps 20-25: "How to install the Sims 4 properly") and after a million years of waiting for the torrents to finally download, I get the "rld.dll (e0)" error after applying the latest crack. 

After attempting to troubleshoot it for the last 2 1/2 days (and losing my mind and sleep over it); still the same error. I've read from one of the posts here, that this is caused by an AV program (Webroot) and at first, I disabled it and added the exceptions, however that didn't work. Then I uninstalled the AV program, ran the AV cleanup tool, restarted the PC and still something will not allow me Admin privileges to add/change the rld.dll file, even after trying to reinstall all of the Sims 4 games (and I'm the Admin!). 

I'm enraged, hurt and distressed because I haven't had a single problem until now and I'm wondering what should I do in this situation if I can't even reinstall my games? 

Also, are all of the crack files in the .zip folders broken because of the AV and now I need to re-download all of them? Please help a poor girl out...  Why God. Why God. Why God.

Back to top Go down

UNINSTALLED Antivirus Won't Allow Permission for rld.dll File. [SOLVED] Empty Re: UNINSTALLED Antivirus Won't Allow Permission for rld.dll File. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 12 Feb 2020, 12:52

the rld.dll was only required for the first couple of downloads (crack based on Reloaded).
I think the easiest way to restore your present game is listed HERE under Global Patch 1.61.15.1020
Delete your current folder Game, Apply the update, when fnished run the dlc-toggler.

Back to top Go down

UNINSTALLED Antivirus Won't Allow Permission for rld.dll File. [SOLVED] Empty Re: UNINSTALLED Antivirus Won't Allow Permission for rld.dll File. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 13 Feb 2020, 06:52

Thank you! So, that resolution only partially resolved the issue.

The good news is that I'm able to start the game up without an issue after reinstalling everything.

The bad news is that when I'm on the Main Menu, it says that I only have the Tiny Living pack.

Also, when I run the DLC Toggler, it says "Could not read crack config file: Game-cracked\Bin\codex.cfg or Game\Bin\RldOrigin.ini or Game\Bin\codex.cfg".

I did note that when I first reinstalled everything, that the rld.dll file was giving me an issue from the Reloaded base game and I couldn't place the crack into the folder as needed, but going forward, I was able to copy all of the other expansions without an issue.

Is there anything around this?

Thank you in advance!  Tea 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Feb 2020, 11:29

SakuraAngel1 wrote:Thank you! So, that resolution only partially resolved the issue.

The good news is that I'm able to start the game up without an issue after reinstalling everything.

The bad news is that when I'm on the Main Menu, it says that I only have the Tiny Living pack.

Also, when I run the DLC Toggler, it says "Could not read crack config file: Game-cracked\Bin\codex.cfg or Game\Bin\RldOrigin.ini or Game\Bin\codex.cfg".

I did note that when I first reinstalled everything, that the rld.dll file was giving me an issue from the Reloaded base game and I couldn't place the crack into the folder as needed, but going forward, I was able to copy all of the other expansions without an issue.

Is there anything around this?

Thank you in advance!  Tea 3
That error is most often caused by using the dlc-toggler outside your installation folder of The Sims 4.
Make sure that the files dlc and dlc-toggler are placed in the main directory of the Sims 4 such as C:\Program Files\The Sims 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Feb 2020, 14:11

Thank you so much! 

Everything works now and I couldn't be happier!  Toast

Gatekeeper Edit: solved, and closed. Feel free to get back in touch with us again, anytime! Very Happy

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top