Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Antivirus deletes rldorigin.dll. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Antivirus deletes rldorigin.dll. [SOLVED] Empty Antivirus deletes rldorigin.dll. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 25 Feb 2016, 15:34

Hi!

I really want some help now. I have reinstalled The Sims 4 over 7 times to try to fix that my antivirus F-Secure would stop deleting rldorigin.dll and rldoriginx64.dll file. I have blocked the files in F-Secure (I checked on their official site how to do it, so I did it right), I have turned off firewall and whole antivirus while installing. But when I turn it on back it says it found a "virus" and deletes these two files, even if I have put them and whole The Sims 4 folder in that list that it won't scan them. What can I do? I really want to play, but my antivirus makes it impossible since the game won't work without those two files  WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Back to top Go down

Antivirus deletes rldorigin.dll. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Antivirus deletes rldorigin.dll. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 25 Feb 2016, 16:15

Fluffyanny wrote:Hi!

I really want some help now. I have reinstalled The Sims 4 over 7 times to try to fix that my antivirus F-Secure would stop deleting rldorigin.dll and rldoriginx64.dll file. I have blocked the files in F-Secure (I checked on their official site how to do it, so I did it right), I have turned off firewall and whole antivirus while installing. But when I turn it on back it says it found a "virus" and deletes these two files, even if I have put them and whole The Sims 4 folder in that list that it won't scan them. What can I do? I really want to play, but my antivirus makes it impossible since the game won't work without those two files  WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Hello and welcome to the forum @Fluffyanny,

Have you also turned off Windows Defender ? If you are running Windows 8, please do so, if you haven't done it yet. I mentioned Windows Defender in my (lengthy) guide here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-11-9-2015

Configuring it on Windows 8 should be the same as with "Microsoft Security Essentials", which is also mentioned there, in the beginning.

And if your anti-virus keeps ignoring your input, try de-activating it completely for now - and restore those 2 files. See if it lets you run the game after that. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Antivirus deletes rldorigin.dll. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Antivirus deletes rldorigin.dll. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 25 Feb 2016, 20:28

Thanks for the help and the fast reply! I checked the guide, and I did that the firewall would allow TS4.exe. I don't know if this fixed my problem, but my antivirus haven't deleted the files now. I even made a virus scan, and it didn't find anything. I saved rldorigin.dll and rldoriginx64.dll on a usb, just incase if antivirus would delete them again. The game works now Smile

Thanks for the help once again!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 26 Feb 2016, 19:27

Fluffyanny wrote:Thanks for the help and the fast reply! I checked the guide, and I did that the firewall would allow TS4.exe. I don't know if this fixed my problem, but my antivirus haven't deleted the files now. I even made a virus scan, and it didn't find anything. I saved rldorigin.dll and rldoriginx64.dll on a usb, just incase if antivirus would delete them again. The game works now Smile

Thanks for the help once again!

Saving those crucial files on a USB flashdrive is indeed a good idea. Very Happy  Since your problem seems solved, I will close the topic now. Feel free to get back to us again anytime if you need more support. Until then, have fun with the game !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top