Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blocked, can't start the autorun. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Blocked, can't start the autorun. [SOLVED] Empty Blocked, can't start the autorun. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 05 Mar 2020, 12:54

Hello

I downloaded the Sims 2 complete Collection and read the installation guide.
When I start with the auto run file in Base game map, a thing pops up on the screen, telling me the file has been blocked by admin (me). I am admin of course.
I tried to google it, I turned the User account Control to lowest. I turned off firewall, windows defender smart screen and anti-virus (eset). 
I opened properties and looked at the settings, but all seemed ok.
Now I don't know what to do.
I have a PC and windows 10, it's a new computer and sims 3 and 4 works like a charm.
Thank you for reading I love you

Back to top Go down

Blocked, can't start the autorun. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Blocked, can't start the autorun. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 06 Mar 2020, 01:09

throughtheeons wrote:Hello

I downloaded the Sims 2 complete Collection and read the installation guide.
When I start with the auto run file in Base game map, a thing pops up on the screen, telling me the file has been blocked by admin (me). I am admin of course.
I tried to google it, I turned the User account Control to lowest. I turned off firewall, windows defender smart screen and anti-virus (eset). 
I opened properties and looked at the settings, but all seemed ok.
Now I don't know what to do.
I have a PC and windows 10, it's a new computer and sims 3 and 4 works like a charm.
Thank you for reading I love you

Hello and welcome to the G4TW Forums @throughtheeons,

What about right-clicking and choosing "run as Administrator"? Are you also positive you used WinRAR for extracting? And even if so, please re-extract the contents of the .rar download again, in another fresh folder. Then try the installation again.

Also note that we released that torrent a long time ago, I think in late 2015 or so. I myself tested it on Windows 7, and it worked there. There is a chance that this thing doesn't work anymore on Windows 10, but let's see...

danger! beware!!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Blocked, can't start the autorun. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Blocked, can't start the autorun. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 06 Mar 2020, 09:00

Hello
Thank you for your reply.
I have tried to right-click and run as an administrator but it didn't help.
I use winRAR and I tried again to extract. It looks ok, but it's the same when I try the autorun.
It seems like the computer is protecting itself from the file?
I am quite sure I once downloaded these files and played the game on my old computer, and it was also windows 10.
Can I do anything or should I accept that it's not working?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Mar 2020, 12:37

Hello again

So I solved it.
I started Regedit (as an administrator).
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
EnableLUA, in the box it says 1. 
I changed it to 0, then restarted the computer.
Sims 2 base game, Autorun started, so I installed everything.
Then I Went back to regedit and changed 0 back to 1. Restarted the computer again and started Sims 2.
It works!
Thank you for the game!  Yess, aye lieeke! The Sims Plumbob 1

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 07 Mar 2020, 22:40

throughtheeons wrote:Hello again

So I solved it.
I started Regedit (as an administrator).
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
EnableLUA, in the box it says 1. 
I changed it to 0, then restarted the computer.
Sims 2 base game, Autorun started, so I installed everything.
Then I Went back to regedit and changed 0 back to 1. Restarted the computer again and started Sims 2.
It works!
Thank you for the game!  Yess, aye lieeke! The Sims Plumbob 1

I had to look up what "Enable LUA" even is: Shocked
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/customize/desktop/unattend/microsoft-windows-lua-settings-enablelua

Looks like it has to do with UAC, in a way.  Very strange error, though since I use the hidden Admin account, I guess I should be spared from these things? Either way, thanks for letting us know about this! I shall close the thread and mark it as solved.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top