Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Better Graphic Card Needed for Version 1.61?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Better Graphic Card Needed for Version 1.61? Empty Better Graphic Card Needed for Version 1.61?

Post by Guest Fri 27 Mar 2020, 06:53

Hello Simmers!

After I installed the latest update 1.61, running the game takes about 20 minutes. And even in-game, just rotation the camera a little results in a 5 minute lag. 

I've been using NVIDIA GT 650 as my graphic card all this time, but I noticed the graphic card requirement for the latest patch is at least NVIDIA 660. 

Does this mean there has been a need for an upgrade of graphic card? Or is this requirement the same as in the previous patches? Because I had no problem in running the game or lagging in the previous patches. Only in this latest update.

Back to top Go down

Better Graphic Card Needed for Version 1.61? Empty Re: Better Graphic Card Needed for Version 1.61?

Post by Guest Fri 27 Mar 2020, 06:54

P. S I don't think it's mods or CCs that is causing the problem because I've tried clearing all mods and CCs and it still takes a long time to run and lags

Back to top Go down

Better Graphic Card Needed for Version 1.61? Empty Re: Better Graphic Card Needed for Version 1.61?

Post by Guest Fri 27 Mar 2020, 07:45

Edit!

Turns out the recommended graphic card is NVIDIA GT 650 which is what I am using, so I doubt it has anything to do with the video card. But I am still experiencing extreme lag. Anyone experiencing the same issue? What could be the problem? It was alright 2 days ago

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 27 Mar 2020, 23:01

wylliebee wrote:Edit!

Turns out the recommended graphic card is NVIDIA GT 650 which is what I am using, so I doubt it has anything to do with the video card. But I am still experiencing extreme lag. Anyone experiencing the same issue? What could be the problem? It was alright 2 days ago

Hello @wylliebee,

Are you experiencing lag like that, with other games too? Or only with The Sims 4?

If you get that with other games too, it could be an early sign of other hardware damage (e.g. a failing hard-drive) ... danger! beware!!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Mar 2020, 09:54

On second thought, i think u may be right. I guess it's the computer that's faulty.

Sorry for the false alarm and i guess u can remove this topic

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 29 Mar 2020, 15:54

wylliebee wrote:On second thought, i think u may be right. I guess it's the computer that's faulty.

Sorry for the false alarm and i guess u can remove this topic

Is it lagging even when you're not running any specific game or application? So, even when you browse folders in Windows or something like that? That could be a sign of a failing drive too. I'd suggest, if you can, to at least back up as much of your important stuff as you can.

And do it quickly.

duck!! danger! beware!!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Apr 2020, 06:23

Well I've just found out I accidentally installed a malware after installing MC command center. After successfully removing it, my laptop seems to run back into its old self but I'm afraid the Sims 4 still takes ages to start up. But I'm terrified to try again because I'm afraid my drive will fail from all the overheating. I've decided to move my game to an external drive before trying to start it up again to safe my internal drives. I wonder if I could simply just move the game files from C to an external drive or would I have to uninstalled it and install it back into the external drive

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 07 Apr 2020, 16:07

wylliebee wrote:Well I've just found out I accidentally installed a malware after installing MC command center. After successfully removing it, my laptop seems to run back into its old self but I'm afraid the Sims 4 still takes ages to start up. But I'm terrified to try again because I'm afraid my drive will fail from all the overheating. I've decided to move my game to an external drive before trying to start it up again to safe my internal drives. I wonder if I could simply just move the game files from C to an external drive or would I have to uninstalled it and install it back into the external drive

You can just move the install folder of "The Sims 4", to an external drive, and then play from that external drive. But the problem remains: your operating system (Windows) is still actively installed and running. And if something is wrong with the hard-drive that hosts your operating system, then you will run into problems, sooner or later. So in that sense, I don't think it makes much of a difference on which drive you have your The Sims 4.

I'm also sorry to hear about your virus (?) that you caught, but where did you download the MC Command Center from? I guess from the official website? Because I would guess that maybe you caught the virus somewhere else. The creator of the mod is reliable and trustworthy, so from that perspective it seems unlikely you caught anything there.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top