Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 Original and Cracked.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 Original and Cracked. Empty Sims 4 Original and Cracked.

Post by Guest Sat 04 Apr 2020, 12:15

Hi,
I was wondering if it is possible to install the Sims 4 original game from Origin on the same computer I have the cracked version on?
I got a free copy of the Sims 4 base game and I just want to check it out and especially look in the gallery.
I don't want any connection between the two, just want to have the original game separately on the computer.
Is it possible or will it mess with my cracked Sims 4?

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Original and Cracked. Empty Re: Sims 4 Original and Cracked.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 05 Apr 2020, 01:11

mana94 wrote:Hi,
I was wondering if it is possible to install the Sims 4 original game from Origin on the same computer I have the cracked version on?
I got a free copy of the Sims 4 base game and I just want to check it out and especially look in the gallery.
I don't want any connection between the two, just want to have the original game separately on the computer.

//MOVED

Hello @mana94,

Topic moved. And yes, I myself had the same setup for many years, though I recently un-installed the Origin version of The Sims 4. Basically you will want to have the Origin and the cracked Sims 4 in two separate/different filepaths.

When you notice a new update or DLC "is going to come", do NOT update the Origin version immediately. Instead wait until there is a crack for the newest patch/DLC. Apply it to your cracked Sims 4, and after that you can safely update your Origin Sims 4.

Which is what I myself basically did. This will reduce conflicts between the two games, to a minimum. There is somewhere on here an older tutorial about renaming folders under Documents, but if you follow the instructions in the previous paragraph, you should be fine. No need to rename any folders. But should you really make a mistake and you get an error "savefile created with a newer version of the game", then just delete the GameVersion.txt under Documents => Electronic Arts => The Sims 4.

And that should do!

duck!!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Apr 2020, 16:44

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
mana94 wrote:Hi,

//MOVED

Hello @mana94,

Topic moved. And yes, I myself had the same setup for many years, though I recently un-installed the Origin version of The Sims 4. Basically you will want to have the Origin and the cracked Sims 4 in two separate/different filepaths.

When you notice a new update or DLC "is going to come", do NOT update the Origin version immediately. Instead wait until there is a crack for the newest patch/DLC. Apply it to your cracked Sims 4, and after that you can safely update your Origin Sims 4.

Which is what I myself basically did. This will reduce conflicts between the two games, to a minimum. There is somewhere on here an older tutorial about renaming folders under Documents, but if you follow the instructions in the previous paragraph, you should be fine. No need to rename any folders. But should you really make a mistake and you get an error "savefile created with a newer version of the game", then just delete the GameVersion.txt under Documents => Electronic Arts => The Sims 4.

And that should do!

duck!!
Thank you!! I will try it!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 07 Apr 2020, 17:50

mana94 wrote:Thank you!! I will try it!

The method I described is probably the easiest /most user-friendly way to do it. 

There are other ways like creating separate Windows user accounts, which is too much of a hassle in my opinion. Then there is the option of having one global installation folder "The Sims 4", but with multiple separate "Game"-subfolders. So like "Game-cracked" and "Game-Origin".

The latter is admittedly elegant and saves some filespace, but in my opinion it invites problems if you don't know what you're doing. Which I guess applies to most people.

beef / cow
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top