Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to update to newest version...[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to update to newest version...[SOLVED] Empty How to update to newest version...[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 18 Mar 2012, 18:16

Okay, me again, I'm such a Noob The Sims Plumbob 1 scratch

anywho... I've noticed there are 2 updates since the release of showtime... but I'm tooo skeeeerrrreed to update. Everytime I or my daughter goes to play (through launcher), I freak out and tell her to remember to click CANCEL when the update pops up (she's Cool, and I know she already thinks I'm nuts-o! LMFAO! Anyway... I'm too skeered to update because I don't know the exact steps to take in order to make sure it works properly. I have nearly all games (- WAexpansion & OLstuff) and have been playing very well lately and have myself a nice little family etc etc. So... I know the first reaction is to link me to the ultimate fix thread but that isn't exactly what I'm asking... I need something like this:

1) download newest ultimate fix from here (link)

2) update your game through launcher

3) patch or something equally as wacky

4) place file from this folder to this folder, ta da! you're done

(that's how EASY I am hoping this "fix" is) Embarassed

help? pretty please with ssssshhhhh-ugar!!!! I love you

Back to top Go down

How to update to newest version...[SOLVED] Empty Re: How to update to newest version...[SOLVED]

Post by grieralexander Mon 19 Mar 2012, 03:21

steak n eggs wrote:Okay, me again, I'm such a How to update to newest version...[SOLVED] 1490881299 How to update to newest version...[SOLVED] 3479271199 scratch

anywho... I've noticed there are 2 updates since the release of showtime... but I'm tooo skeeeerrrreed to update. Everytime I or my daughter goes to play (through launcher), I freak out and tell her to remember to click CANCEL when the update pops up (she's Cool, and I know she already thinks I'm nuts-o! LMFAO! Anyway... I'm too skeered to update because I don't know the exact steps to take in order to make sure it works properly. I have nearly all games (- WAexpansion & OLstuff) and have been playing very well lately and have myself a nice little family etc etc. So... I know the first reaction is to link me to the ultimate fix thread but that isn't exactly what I'm asking... I need something like this:

1) download newest ultimate fix from here (link)

2) update your game through launcher

3) patch or something equally as wacky

4) place file from this folder to this folder, ta da! you're done

(that's how EASY I am hoping this "fix" is) Embarassed

help? pretty please with ssssshhhhh-ugar!!!! I love you

I gather that you have Showtime installed and patched to 1.31
So that I may help you I will assume that the above is true. You will skip patch 1.32; You may update to the 1.33 Superpatch Manually and then apply the latest ultimate fix.
If you are in 1.29 or less, you need to superpatch to 1.29; then manually always!; 1.31 incremental, skip 1.32 and manually Super patch to 1.33 and apply the fix. I hope that this helps you. Any other questions please always ask. How to update to newest version...[SOLVED] 3479271199
grieralexander
grieralexander
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Sims 4; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord

Male

Back to top Go down

How to update to newest version...[SOLVED] Empty Re: How to update to newest version...[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 19 Mar 2012, 04:40

Yeah that wasn't quite the answer I was looking for Sad I'm sorry!

Here is my current version

How to update to newest version...[SOLVED] 2mc8t4h

Based on the above information, perhaps someone could layout what I need to do step by step like I requested in my first plea for help! I would be forever grateful! Smile

So if I read the above right, which I'm sure I didn't *sigh*, I would need to...

1) update my game

2) find this "super patch v 1.33" and patch it manually?! (how in gods name do I do that?! where is the thread to teach me out how patch it?)

3) find the ultimate fix, download most recent fix

4) apply fix (which is just over writing files, right? do I have to do ALL the ep's and sp's, or just showtime [which, yes I know, it actually over writing the BASE game])

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Mar 2012, 04:50

Hopefully this explains it a little better lol......

1) Download the Updated Ultimate Fix (LINK) Follow the guide step by step

2) On step 11 of the Ultimate Fix use this Manual Patch to update to 1.33 if you cant update using the launcher (LINK)

The Ultimate Fix is pretty much just overwriting the old files and replacing them with these so you can update without a problem.

As for the Manual Update just download, double click and it installs on its own

Hopefully this is helpful and if you have any issues with updating let us know

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Mar 2012, 14:18

Sugarbomb- you are a god... or goddess... I don't know which one exactly... either way, you kick serious ass. So i have to do the FIX, then use the patch. I read to use the patch instead of updating through launcher because sometimes you get errors and stuff thru launcher??
thank you so much!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 19 Mar 2012, 14:47

Hello,

That's right, with the manual patch you don't get the invalid file error that's common when updating with the launcher.
Apply the fix according to its installation guide, and when you get to step 11, double click the manual patch instead of using the launcher. When it's finished patching, proceed with step 13 and you're done.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Mar 2012, 14:50

I just updated... haven't started to see if it will work or not...

we'll see! Starting game now!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 19 Mar 2012, 14:53

Hello,

Please let us know the result!
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Mar 2012, 15:11

Worked like a charm! Played it for a little while too, just to make sure! Got some custom content last night (MOD, clothes, hair, objects) that gave me a crash shortly after putting it in my game (before update)... hoping it doesn't crash on my again... :X

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 19 Mar 2012, 15:51

Don’t hesitate to post if you have questions or problems again!
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top