Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about Sims 3 Installation And Updating

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Question about Sims 3 Installation And Updating Empty Question about Sims 3 Installation And Updating

Post by Guest Thu 05 Aug 2010, 08:02

i JUST downloaded all your Sims 3 Files (game + 3 expansions)

After looking at the various installation instructions and your forums, im a little confused at 1 part. In the World Adventures crack, it gives instructions at one point to open i think its "crack 3" which has quite a few updaters in it, and that im suppose to do these in order. When i get to the second one, it has the invalid file message. So i search your forums and found supposed "fixes". (i have these downloaded and ready depending on what im replied) However, im seeing in the forums that i can just install the game and the 3 expansions, all from you, in order, and the game should work fine. My question is do i still need to go through all these updates? im assuming theya re in high end loft as well. or should i just install the games in order and they will work?

Admin edit: Topic moved to right section.

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Question about Sims 3 Installation And Updating Empty Re: Question about Sims 3 Installation And Updating

Post by Admin Thu 05 Aug 2010, 13:46

Hello,

Yes, you need to Install in the following order: The Sims 3, WA, HELS, Ambitions.
For the Invalid File error, please read the following:

If you're using a retail version of The Sims 3, just skip the steps
where you have to apply the Updates from the "Crack 3" folder.
If you aren't using a retail version of The Sims 3, please do the following to fix this problem:

1. Uninstall The Sims 3.
2. Restart your PC.
3. Reinstall The Sims 3.
4. Install WA.
5. Install Ambitions. (Otherwise the launcher won't work)
6. The Game should work fine now.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Question about Sims 3 Installation And Updating Empty Re: Question about Sims 3 Installation And Updating

Post by Guest Thu 05 Aug 2010, 22:30

I understand the order perfectly fine, im just wondering if i still need to do all those updates in WA Crack (2 or 3, theres like 6 updates to go through)

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 06 Aug 2010, 19:30

jedirogues wrote:I understand the order perfectly fine, im just wondering if i still need to do all those updates in WA Crack (2 or 3, theres like 6 updates to go through)

Hello,

If you have a retail version of The Sims 3 base game, the answer is no.
If you don't have a retail version of The Sims 3 base game, then yes, you need to Install those updates.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top