Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 + all expansions extreme lag/freezing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 + all expansions extreme lag/freezing Empty Sims 3 + all expansions extreme lag/freezing

Post by Guest Sat 31 Mar 2012, 06:40

Hi,
I recently installed the sims 3 and all expansions from this website and every time I play, my sims take hours and hours to do one thing. If I put an action in the queue, my sim will stand there forever and then finally start walking, stand there for a long time once she gets to the fridge, open the fridge, stand there forever, get something out, etc... It's been unbearable because the whole day will go by and all I've done is take a shower and eat some cereal. It doesn't seem to be limited to the active sim either, when I look at townies they are just standing around doing nothing so I think there is a delay in the game when processing each action. I meet the system requirements but I suspect that EA is, as always, a bit too inclusive with the system requirements and doesn't account for people who meet the bare minimum and install all expansions. I have looked around and found lots of other people with the same problem but no solution Sad . I only have a few mods and this problem persists when I get rid of them. I am patched up to the most recent patch and have all EPs and I have already applied the ultimate fix of course. I have tried twallen's relativity mod just to slow down time but everything still takes forever and now my game has started crashing from the mod so that's not much help... I went to a lot of trouble just to get the game running so I don't want to give up!
Suggestions?

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 + all expansions extreme lag/freezing Empty Re: Sims 3 + all expansions extreme lag/freezing

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 31 Mar 2012, 09:09

Hello,

I'm on a low end pc myself and I have had this problem.
Can you tell us more about your system specs and OS, and which settings you've been using in game?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 + all expansions extreme lag/freezing Empty Re: Sims 3 + all expansions extreme lag/freezing

Post by Guest Sat 31 Mar 2012, 09:46

Yes, I'm on a macbook. I know this site doesn't have a lot of mac support but I thought I'd try my luck!
It's a macbook OS X 10.6.8 snow leopard
2.4 GHz core 2 duo
2 GB RAM (2 X 1 GB)
I think I have 20 GB on my C drive or something as well.
I hope that's enough info to be helpful.

Do you think it's a RAM issue? I don't want to spend the money on it if it won't fix my problem :/

//EDIT

Oh yeah I forgot to say I have all the settings graphics-wise set to low in the game and I have turned off edge smoothing and reflections. Pretty much anything I think will strain the game in any way I have deactivated which is why I'm not sure what else to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 31 Mar 2012, 11:16

Hello,

I can't say that I know anything about MAC at all, but I'll tell you what, I'll bring this topic to the attention of someone who does and maybe they can help you out.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Mar 2012, 11:25

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Mar 2012, 13:19

Hey,

We don't offer much mac support? not yet...
I am still busy making tutorials! I have 2 finished but i have to get permissions to begin topic from admin Wink

First off all are you using our the sims 3 base?
Your computer is updated with last software?
You don't use any bootcamp or virtual drives?
Witch year is your macbook Wink

Did you apply any cracks in the beginning
from the downloaded expansions and base game?

You say much people have this problem?

I will make a tut i am currently installing on a computer with the same specs as you Wink

Did you use the tutorial on the home page?
for mac?

Because that one is out dated and don't work.

yah only for expansions its working but you can do it just easier.

If I helped you please rep+ me.

GretZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Apr 2012, 17:56

Thanks for the thorough list of suggestions! I am so impressed with all of the quick and helpful feedback I've been getting on this forum Smile

I will tinker around with this a bit again when I have more free time later in the week and post my results!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 02 Apr 2012, 19:29

//MOVED

Hello,

Good, we'll be here if you need us!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 02 Apr 2012, 19:44

Admin wrote://MOVED

Hello,

Ok sorry about not moving this Admin, I assumed it was placed correctly since it's more of an in-game problem.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 02 Apr 2012, 20:02

Lady ElDi wrote:

Hello,

Ok sorry about not moving this Admin, I assumed it was placed correctly since it's more of an in-game problem.
Hello,

Oh, no problem. I don't know, I thought it'd be easier to keep all Mac-related topics in one section.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 02 Apr 2012, 20:08

Admin wrote:
Lady ElDi wrote:

Hello,

Hello,

Oh, no problem. I don't know, I thought it'd be easier to keep all Mac-related topics in one section.

Hello,

Ok I'll remember that Smile
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Apr 2012, 20:10

Sims 3 + all expansions extreme lag/freezing 1558443509

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Apr 2012, 05:16

okay, I finally have a day off and I am trying to make this work... I just updated to the newest ultimate fix hoping that would help but my game is still the same...still people (and animals) stand around idley doing nothing for hours until an action finally processes. To answer some questions, yes my macbook is as up to date as it can be. No, I didn't apply any cracks until I finished installing all expansions. And I'm not sure what year my macbook is, I don't know how to find out...I'm not using bootcamp or anything like that. And no, I didn't use the tutorial for a mac on this website because it says it's dated in the title.
Has anyone ever had this problem on a PC? I might be able to figure out how to fix it if I know how somebody fixed it on a pc... but right now the game is pretty much no fun to play at all because it's too laggy Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 15 Apr 2012, 09:12

Hello,

Yes it's common. I had that after patch 1.26 or 1.29, don't remember which it was!
This page has some information (scroll down about 1/5 of the way) and this page has even more.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Apr 2012, 10:34

Okay, thanks. I had a look at those pages and deleted my relativity mod and added in the master controller, overwatch mod, and errortrap.
Unfortunately, my game seems to be running the same Sad

Lady ElDi, you said you've had this problem on a lower end PC, what did you do to fix it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top