Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 game lag and repeated freezing?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 game lag and repeated freezing? Empty Sims 3 game lag and repeated freezing?

Post by Guest Fri 03 Jan 2014, 20:04

Hello,

So I've had this problem ever since I updated my game (via launcher) to the new 1.63 patch. 

I play for a couple of minutes - then my game freezes (although doesn't crash, and the little animations [trees, water] keep going). 
My sims completely freeze, and so does the clock. 

Recently, after a couple of seconds into the launcher, I get the "Launcher Has Stopped Working" error and it closes. 
I've been playing the game via desktop shortcut, since the launcher crashes.

I've tried the ultimate fix, and it didn't fix anything.

I have all of the expansions and most of the stuff packs (excluding Diesel Stuff, Katy Perry Sweet Treats, and 70s,80s,90s).
My most recent download was Roaring Heights, and Into The Future before that.

I have a gaming laptop (or its supposed to be  Rolling Eyes).
I have 8GB ram and 2.20GHz Intel Processor on my Windows 7 operating system. (let me know if you need more computer specs).

My game has EXTREME lag. Especially when I fast foward it x3. 

I have custom content, but have updated all of my nraas mods and gotten rid of my old  and outdated cc.

Also, it has started over-heating my computer. I would have to play 10 minutes, save, then turn it off for it to cool down and repeat.

Help?  Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 game lag and repeated freezing? Empty Re: Sims 3 game lag and repeated freezing?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 07 Jan 2014, 17:37

kalilia wrote:Hello,

So I've had this problem ever since I updated my game (via launcher) to the new 1.63 patch. 

I play for a couple of minutes - then my game freezes (although doesn't crash, and the little animations [trees, water] keep going). 
My sims completely freeze, and so does the clock. 

Recently, after a couple of seconds into the launcher, I get the "Launcher Has Stopped Working" error and it closes. 
I've been playing the game via desktop shortcut, since the launcher crashes.

I've tried the ultimate fix, and it didn't fix anything.

I have all of the expansions and most of the stuff packs (excluding Diesel Stuff, Katy Perry Sweet Treats, and 70s,80s,90s).
My most recent download was Roaring Heights, and Into The Future before that.

I have a gaming laptop (or its supposed to be  Rolling Eyes ).
I have 8GB ram and 2.20GHz Intel Processor on my Windows 7 operating system. (let me know if you need more computer specs).

My game has EXTREME lag. Especially when I fast foward it x3. 

I have custom content, but have updated all of my nraas mods and gotten rid of my old  and outdated cc.

Also, it has started over-heating my computer. I would have to play 10 minutes, save, then turn it off for it to cool down and repeat.

Help?  Crying or Very sad

Hello and sorry for the late reply,

But I didn't have too much time recently to get to the posts here.

First, go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete the contents of the folder Currentgame.sims3.

Then, look at this topic here and do all steps: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-14-07-2013

Especially the "DEP" and "Assigning more RAM memory". When you're at step #3, download that "4 GB patch" and then double-click on it. In the following window, you need to choose the TS3W.exe in your base game location. Choose it and click OK, then a message will pop up saying "executable successfully patched...". Close the patch.

So do all the other steps in that guide, and then re-start the game. Even if you have a "gaming laptop", the Sims 3 is still a VERY demanding game, so try lowering your in-game gaphics settings.

If your game still freezes, go to My Documents/Electronic Arts and rename the folder "The Sims 3" into anything you like - just change the folder's name. This will let you start a "fresh" game with no mods/CC/saves. For now, make a new savegame and play a while - see if this works better.

See if any of these tips help you - and let us know Smile

Good luck !

P.S. Perhaps
you might let your laptop get checked by a professional. This "shutting down" can also be due to a hardware failure.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top