Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Despite all efforts, sims 3 game keeps freezing.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Despite all efforts, sims 3 game keeps freezing.  Empty Despite all efforts, sims 3 game keeps freezing.

Post by Guest Sat 26 Oct 2013, 01:26

It's one of those freezes when everything is frozen and can't be clicked but, the animations and sounds keep going. It's really annoying and I have no idea how to fix it. I've tried:

1. Installing Errortrap.
2. Creating a new save file for the family.
3. Using Twallan's MC to reset the town.
4. Resetting the lot itself.
5. Resetting the sims on the lot.

I'm at my wits end. I have no idea how to fix this... It only started after I installed and merged a bunch of custom content but most of them were clothes, lots, and objects. I just want to play my game ._. 
I figured it could be the traveler mod cause it gives me a script error but that happens every time I play now, and usually I can play the game just fine. so

Back to top Go down

Despite all efforts, sims 3 game keeps freezing.  Empty Re: Despite all efforts, sims 3 game keeps freezing.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 26 Oct 2013, 03:41

plaidshirtsandcomicbooks wrote:It's one of those freezes when everything is frozen and can't be clicked but, the animations and sounds keep going. It's really annoying and I have no idea how to fix it. I've tried:

1. Installing Errortrap.
2. Creating a new save file for the family.
3. Using Twallan's MC to reset the town.
4. Resetting the lot itself.
5. Resetting the sims on the lot.

I'm at my wits end. I have no idea how to fix this... It only started after I installed and merged a bunch of custom content but most of them were clothes, lots, and objects. I just want to play my game ._. 
I figured it could be the traveler mod cause it gives me a script error but that happens every time I play now, and usually I can play the game just fine. so
Hello,

There is a nice topic with possible suggestions on this problem: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-14-07-2013

Especially #2 (the DEP-fix) and #3 could be interesting for you.

If you intend to use the 4 GB patch though (step #3), then you need to double-click the patch and then choose the TS3W.exe in your base game location ! Usually this is C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.

By the way: I'm not sure if you can/should actually merge LOTS (clothing/hair/etc. is OK from what I know), but you might have to wait for another Helper's thoughts on this, because my knowledge about that topic is limited. Facepalm  So take out, for now, this merged package stuff.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Despite all efforts, sims 3 game keeps freezing.  Empty Re: Despite all efforts, sims 3 game keeps freezing.

Post by Sephymuffins Sat 26 Oct 2013, 03:56

Were you merging to become more organized?  Where exactly did you move your custom content?  Moving around custom content and organizing it shouldn't give you issues, but there's the likelihood that it can and will.  

What I would suggest, is to definitely follow Carlos G.'s advice with the 'DEP-fix' steps first.  After that, if there is no change, I would strongly urge you to create a new, fresh test family and see if you have the same issues.  If you moved CC around that the current family you're playing was using, the game may be less stable at that point.

Download this as well, please!  It will help quite a bit. 
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=387006
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Oct 2013, 11:31

Alright so I was able to play another family with no problems so it might be what Sephymuffins mentioned. I do have delphy's dashboard so I'll check it ASAP. I'll also try the other two instructions suggested and I'll give an update on the results. Thanks so far.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 26 Oct 2013, 11:41

plaidshirtsandcomicbooks wrote:Alright so I was able to play another family with no problems so it might be what Sephymuffins mentioned. I do have delphy's dashboard so I'll check it ASAP. I'll also try the other two instructions suggested and I'll give an update on the results. Thanks so far.
Then that's not the problem of CC/Mods. I suggest you read this post to know how to save a corrupted save: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t14129-tips-for-saving-your-corrupted-saves.

Methods 1-3 are recommended. You can also try methods 7-8, but I cannot guarantee it will always work.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 Oct 2013, 02:50

I tried solution one and two, so I might have to just move the family to a new town :l

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top