Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Crashes to Dekstop [No Fixes Have Worked][SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Crashes to Dekstop [No Fixes Have Worked][SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 Crashes to Dekstop [No Fixes Have Worked][SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 16 Jan 2012, 07:06

I did a full and complete install of the Sims 3 (all the expansion packs) recently, and it worked and I went in and made a sim, but didn't play. The next day I realize at the launcher that I did not install Ambitions, so I installed ambitions and once I did The game began crashing as soon as I tried to load it up.

I added everything possible to the DEP and did all the crash fixes here on the forums, but I've still been unable to play the game. I never had this issue before and I did not try the vertical sync because I can't even get into the game. I do not get a loading bar to 10% before it crashes. It also crashes on the loading screen to make a new game. Please help.

Edit: I am running on patch 1.29 and I do have a large amount of custom content installed.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Crashes to Dekstop [No Fixes Have Worked][SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 Crashes to Dekstop [No Fixes Have Worked][SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 16 Jan 2012, 09:18

Hello,
Try disabling your custom content and mods first. That's the first thing to look at when your game is experiencing problems. There are possible compatibility issues.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Crashes to Dekstop [No Fixes Have Worked][SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 Crashes to Dekstop [No Fixes Have Worked][SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 16 Jan 2012, 11:59

I tried that, it's all still the same. I can't create a new game or play the one that I already have saved. As soon as I get to the loading bar it crashes. The only thing I can think of is that it might be the patch, but I believe that I had the newest patch when I loaded up the game for the first time.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 16 Jan 2012, 12:25

Hello,
Do you also have the latest fix?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Jan 2012, 00:02

The latest ultimate fix? No, just the fixed version of pets.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 17 Jan 2012, 09:01

Hello,
Ok, try applying the latest ultimate fix. If you game is patched to the latest version, it isn't going to work with the older crack.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jan 2012, 12:02

Thanks, I don't know I didn't think of that myself. I was able to go in and create a new family without crashing at loading so the problem is definitely fixed now.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 18 Jan 2012, 12:33

Hello,
That's great! Happy simming! The Sims Plumbob 1
Topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top