Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game crashing when placing stairs. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game crashing when placing stairs. [SOLVED] Empty Game crashing when placing stairs. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 30 Apr 2012, 07:13

I have valid copies of sims through LN.. I have cracked pets, generations, showtime, townlife, outdoor living.
I am trying to build a new house.. when I first started building this house the first set of stairs went down fine.. the game crashed randomly a few times.. but now the crashes always seem to be when I start to place steps on the porch.

PS. what it does is it first freezes.. only way to get back to the desktop is to hit control+alt+delete and as soon as task manager opens and I can see my desktop again.. I see a little window saying " a problem has caused the program(sims3) to stop working properly, windows will shut down the program and notify you if a solution is found" ( or something like that)

Mod edit: Topic moved to the right section.

- Lady ElDi

Back to top Go down

Game crashing when placing stairs. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Game crashing when placing stairs. [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 30 Apr 2012, 07:26

Hello,

You're not getting an unofficial game modification error are you? If you are, you may have a crack that is incompatible with your game version. That will cause semi-random game crashes.
Are these stairs cc?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Game crashing when placing stairs. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Game crashing when placing stairs. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 30 Apr 2012, 07:32

nope. not getting that.

edit: I was in the process of going through the list of "fixes" from here https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-10-01-2012 and when I ran a clean game... no mods..no cc.. no saves... everything was fine
I added in the world I was playing and my save game.. still no mods..no cc.. as soon as I selected a section of stairs.. it crashed. lol so I THINK it has something to do with that save file.. or that world.

edit again: the world and the included save from the creator.. no problems.. so therefor.. it must be a corrupted save file?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 30 Apr 2012, 08:06

Hello,

This has me baffled lol. And there's nothing I can find.
I would try this: Go into edit town mode and copy your lot to the bin, now bulldoze the lot, and place your house back.
if there are sims on the lot, you'll have to evict them to the clipboard first to preserve their neighbourhood relationships.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Apr 2012, 17:00

so it might not be the whole save file? could just be the lot? I didn't think of that.

well now.. that didn't work LOL back to my other theory.... but first.. IM going to try the lot on the other save.. the one from the creator..

it seems to be working fine now with the exception of a little lag. I even have all my mods and CC back in. I just had a bad save file apparently...

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 30 Apr 2012, 21:31

Hello,

So... problem solved now?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Apr 2012, 23:14

I think so Razz I got the house finished. lol
still got lag though.. but not as much as before. but thats probably from Nraas story progression LOL its a big mod.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 01 May 2012, 09:32

Hello,

OK, great! Thank you Lady ElDi!
Happy simming and please let us know if there's anything else you need help with! Game crashing when placing stairs. [SOLVED] 3479271199
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top