Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 plus expansions supper laggy/Freezes (PC)[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 plus expansions supper laggy/Freezes (PC)[SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 plus expansions supper laggy/Freezes (PC)[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 04 May 2012, 15:45

hello there, i have a problem game the sims 3,I have expansions..my expansions are sims 3 generations, sims 3 pets sims 3 ambitions, sims 3 night life,i have world adventures but when i install it the lag will be superb but even without world adventure it still lags and freezes even if i put to the lowest settings and the resolution to the lowest i am not using any custom content cc i have the latest patch 1.33...i am playing on windows xp and my system is
System:
pentium{R}Dual-Core CPU
E5300 @ 2.60GHz
2.60 GHz, 3 GB of RAM

NVIDIA GeForce 8400 Gs
javascript:emoticonp('Sims 3 plus expansions supper laggy/Freezes (PC)[SOLVED] 2830496658')
plss response i want to play this game hard. and thnx for advance!javascript:emoticonp('Very Happy')
for additional infos i use yur ultimate fix to run my game..

Admin edit: Moved to right section.

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 plus expansions supper laggy/Freezes (PC)[SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 plus expansions supper laggy/Freezes (PC)[SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 04 May 2012, 15:53

Hello,

Have a look at this topic, which offers various things to try to relieve game-lag.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 plus expansions supper laggy/Freezes (PC)[SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 plus expansions supper laggy/Freezes (PC)[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 04 May 2012, 16:19

thanks!..i have the gamebooster but still i have lags/freezes..im gonna try the number 2 and number 4...... lessening vehicles and lots of sims but how can i do that is there any programs that do that..i try clicking the (overwatch) but how can i download that and even the (Register)..how can i do that...thank you for this and im so sorry for being a noob...Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 04 May 2012, 16:50

Hello,

No problem, the word Overwatch in that topic is a link. If you
go there, scroll down a little and click on the "base mod" for patch level 1.31-1.33. It'll start downloading when you click it, should be done before you know it.
These are installed as described on this page.
Back up your saves before installing mods of any kind though, you never know. Just copy the saves folder from My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3.
Overwatch will take care of those vehicles and stuck sims.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 May 2012, 19:53

ok i tried everything gameboosters,overwatch,fps limiter, register, i even downloaded sunset valley fixed world but luckily it improved a bit, i create a new game it works with just minor freezes,but when i load my savegame..it will have freezes most of the time especially when i rotate the camera and using the ultra fast button,,,,the house is 4 floors from up to down..and i have 7 sims there including pets...can you recommend me some solution on this please...so that sims 3 will run smoothly... thank you and im so soory for asking questions like these im just only a noob Sad i just love this game and i dot want to give up on it..

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Fri 04 May 2012, 20:08

Well having a house that size, and that many sims would give a lot of games lag. I don't ever have more than 2, maybe 3 floors, and try not to have over 5 sims, including their pets.
So I would recommend trying to play with a smaller family and house/lot, and see if that helps at all.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 04 May 2012, 20:19

Hello,

After you applied the Sunset Valley fix, did you clear the caches as the post at modthesims says?
http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game%20Help:Sims%203%20Delete%20Cache%20Files
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 May 2012, 21:07

yup! i delete it....i try playing a small family and it runs with only minor of lags(but i can live with that for now).im gonna install world adventures today and download fix worlds. Im hoping that there will be no lags/freezes this time.. il try deleting lots and households in edit town mode and see if it will work...BTW THANK YOU!! FOR REPLYING NOW MY SIMS 3 RUNS WITH ONLY MINOR FREEZES..but if there are mods suggestions programs that will make sims 3 runs more smoothly without this minor lags PLEASE LET ME KNOW IM LOVING THIS GAME but this pesky lags ruining it...
Im gonna install world adventures today im gonna try my luck..

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 05 May 2012, 20:43

Hello,

Please let us know the result after installing WA. Good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 May 2012, 08:10

well the results is kinda frustrating,i install the WA but i have lags and freezes everytime i move my camera even if im low on settings....i created another family with only 1 sim on it..it still lags and freezes!!....soo i give up,iUNINSTALL WA,sims 3 night life but i replaced them with an expansion with "STUFF" on it. i install high end loft stuff, master suite stuff and town life stuff, when i open my game IT Works!! the game runs smoothly even if i run it on medium settings, it only freezes when Overwatch do its job but its just a second or 2...but i have one minor problem.when im playing...then i want to go to desktop to do something like opening my fb or something like that without exiting the game so i press the windows button or ctrl+alt+del to go to the desktop.but when i go back to the game in just a few seconds the game crashes..there will be a window saying"ts3w.exe application error...referenced memory could not be read" something like that...i used the fix but still crashes...plsssss HELP!! im fund on playing sims social on fb so i always check my sim there but when i do that my sims 3 crashes.i dont want to wait another frustrating loading time of sims 3...so pls i need a help with this if you don mind

AND IM SOOO SORRY FOR BEING A NOOB...

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 07 May 2012, 15:06

Hello,

The only fix to that problem - as far as I remember from past experience - is just not using that function. Don't ALT+TAB out of the game. You can try playing in windowed mode. Maybe even temporary, until you've done your stuff and then switch back to fullcreen.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 May 2012, 04:02

ok tenkz ill just switched to windowed mode if im gonna do something then switched back to fullscreen..and THANK YOU!!!!NOW I CAN PLAY SIMS 3 SMOOTHLY to bad i can add WA it will lag if im gonna add that expansion..

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 08 May 2012, 12:16

Hello,

You're welcome.
Don’t hesitate to post if you have questions or problems again!
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top