Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weird graphic issues on Sims 3 and whole expansion packs. What shall I do? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Weird graphic issues on Sims 3 and whole expansion packs. What shall I do? [SOLVED] Empty Weird graphic issues on Sims 3 and whole expansion packs. What shall I do? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 28 Jul 2012, 23:01

I'm sorry if this one is already existing, but I really need help. I've never had problems with this before, I played the Sims like I usually did, but I started it up recently and realised that the whole landscape is black, expect for a few buildings. It doesn't show everything in the wardrobe and I can't even create a property, because everything around is BLACK, also a few furnitures.
What am I supposed to do now? Weird graphic issues on Sims 3 and whole expansion packs. What shall I do? [SOLVED] 2830496658
I'm like Weird graphic issues on Sims 3 and whole expansion packs. What shall I do? [SOLVED] 1469785098 everytime I start the game and want something new to happen' lol.
Hopeless.

Back to top Go down

Weird graphic issues on Sims 3 and whole expansion packs. What shall I do? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Weird graphic issues on Sims 3 and whole expansion packs. What shall I do? [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 29 Jul 2012, 10:15

Hello,

Try updating your graphics card drivers.
Did you add any mods/cc recently?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Weird graphic issues on Sims 3 and whole expansion packs. What shall I do? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Weird graphic issues on Sims 3 and whole expansion packs. What shall I do? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 29 Jul 2012, 15:01

Uhhh, how do I update them? Sorry I am just plain stupid.

I don't think I added something recently at all... Wat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 29 Jul 2012, 16:44

Hello,

Please post your graphic card's model and I'll find the correct driver for you.
Also, are you using a 32-bit or a 64-bit system? And what Operating System?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Jul 2012, 18:25

Admin wrote:Hello,

Please post your graphic card's model and I'll find the correct driver for you.
Also, are you using a 32-bit or a 64-bit system? And what Operating System?

I am using a 64-bit one.
Actually, I had Windows 7 Home Edition, but then I was so stupid and thought it would be cool to try the Windows 8 Release Preview out. It's annoying lol. I'd like to have W7 back, but it isn't possible to remove the Preview. And I don't have the original system on a hardware or something, because it was already installed on the computer when I bought it.

My graphic card's model:

ATI Readon HD 5570 (Engineering Sample - WDDM v1.20)

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 29 Jul 2012, 18:52

Hello,

Ah, that's your problem I'm afraid. Since Win8 hasn't been officially released, The Sims doesn't work right. It'll probably be patched when it does, but that doesn't help you much. You can try to run it in windows 7 compatibility mode, but I can't guarantee you it'll work.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Jul 2012, 19:38

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

Ah, that's your problem I'm afraid. Since Win8 hasn't been officially released, The Sims doesn't work right. It'll probably be patched when it does, but that doesn't help you much. You can try to run it in windows 7 compatibility mode, but I can't guarantee you it'll work.

Dammit, I knew it. I guessed it would have to do something with the W8 thing, but I wasn't really sure.
Well, I might try something and well, I'll watch out for more help.
Thank you btw. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 29 Jul 2012, 20:13

Hello,

Let us know if you figured it out.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Jul 2012, 13:47

Well, I had to install everything again and now I'm back to W7. The thing is, that my whole programs and of course my whole Sims3 games got lost. Dammit, I have to download everything again. I just hope it works like it used to. :')

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 31 Jul 2012, 13:48

Hello,

We'll keep this topic open for you, let us know the result by then.
It's always good to keep a copy of the original .rar files you downloaded, somewhere (for example) on an external HDD.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Jul 2012, 14:00

Thank You!
Well, I have one but I only managed to copy my pictures and stuff to the external one, because I thought I wouldn't need to do a complete re-install. Let's just hope I won't get in trouble and didn't forget how to install everything correctly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 31 Jul 2012, 14:05

Hello,

Don't worry about the installation, we're here to help you and there's always this up-to-date topic: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

You will survive.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Aug 2012, 17:23

So, great news - well more for me. :')
I installed everything without problems, now I have like 10 expansion packs (I'm an addict omg) and everything works totally fine aaand I'm a happy user haha.
Thanks for your advice and help, I'll watch out for updates and if I need help, I know where to go. Smile
x

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 01 Aug 2012, 18:33

Hello,

Indeed, you know where to find us if you ever need help!
Enjoy playing The Sims 3 and please do let us know if you need any kind of assistance! Weird graphic issues on Sims 3 and whole expansion packs. What shall I do? [SOLVED] 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top