Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3: Showtime Installation Problem

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3: Showtime Installation Problem Empty The Sims 3: Showtime Installation Problem

Post by Guest Mon 24 Sep 2012, 05:30

I downloaded the original, base Sims 3 from Origin, because I bought the game but cracked the disc so like I said I just re-downloaded it. Now I'm trying to download The Sims 3: Showtime from you guys on my Compaq laptop with the Windows 7 OS. I followed the steps, step-by-step from this link:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

But when I try to play the game it still says:

No game disc found! Please insert The Sims 3 Showtime game disc before proceeding.

So what do I do to fix this? Like I said, I followed the link. I downloaded & installed the expansion. I did the manual update & used the '# Crack' folder from the Ultimate Fix, but still the same problem. Help me out please people, lol

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3: Showtime Installation Problem Empty Re: The Sims 3: Showtime Installation Problem

Post by Guest Mon 24 Sep 2012, 05:35

Did you do the last step in the Ultimate Fix?

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3: Showtime Installation Problem Empty Re: The Sims 3: Showtime Installation Problem

Post by Guest Mon 24 Sep 2012, 06:51

Yes, I put .dll & .exe where they are supposed to be, & I restarted the launcher. Still no luck

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 24 Sep 2012, 10:48

Hello,

Can you show us a screenshot of the folder you copied the crack to?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Sep 2012, 16:30

The Sims 3: Showtime Installation Problem Untitl10

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 24 Sep 2012, 18:51

Hello,

That's the correct folder, but not the correct files.
Please remove the "TS3EP01.exe" file from that folder and then follow these instructions: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
DO NOT skip any steps!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Mon 24 Sep 2012, 20:19

Chicago wrote:I downloaded the original, base Sims 3 from Origin

Your base game should be in C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin, Not C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. So apply the cracks related to it there.
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 24 Sep 2012, 22:57

Hello,

Oh, wait a second, if you downloaded from Origin, how come you have that "The Sims 3" folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\ ?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 25 Sep 2012, 12:16

Admin wrote:Hello,

Oh, wait a second, if you downloaded from Origin, how come you have that "The Sims 3" folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\ ?

Hello,

I have absolutely no idea how Origin works, but he mentioned having bought the game on disk, but it cracked. Is it at all possible that the game was redownloaded from Origin just in case, but hasn't been reinstalled as such?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Sep 2012, 15:58

I followed all instructions & it works just fine now. Thanks a lot people, I will definitely become more active on this forum because of everything it embodies.

My only other question is do I have to go through this process everytime I get a new expansion pack?

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Tue 25 Sep 2012, 20:23

I think just need to re-apply the last few steps 11-13 of the Ultimate Fix, after you re-download the latest one when a new expansion pack some out.
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 25 Sep 2012, 21:04

Hello,

When you want to install a new expansion, just install it. If it works, it works.
If it didn't work, just re-do step 3 and 4 and it should work fine again: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Have fun!
Anything else we can help you with?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Sep 2012, 00:25

That's it, that's all. Great job on the site & the response time! Appreciate the help, thanks a lot!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 27 Sep 2012, 21:35

Hello,

You're more than welcome at Games4theworld's! Thank you everyone for your help.

Have fun playing and please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with! The Sims 3: Showtime Installation Problem 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top