Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Invalid file found" with launcher updater, can't update with manual patch either. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Invalid file found" with launcher updater, can't update with manual patch either. [SOLVED] Empty "Invalid file found" with launcher updater, can't update with manual patch either. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 17 Nov 2012, 13:09

Hello!

First of all, thank you for all your hard work with the expansions and helping people on the forums. I've never had any trouble with your stuff before until now and I've searched the forums for days but I can't seem to find a solution for my problem.

Like I said before, I've never had any problem applying your fixes to my Sims 3. But for the 1.42 update I can't patch. After applying the fix I try to update and everything's fine. But when the final thing is about to finish, I get a pop up saying "Invalid file found" and the update fails. Fair enough, I try the manual patch. It doesn't even start, instead I get this pop up:

"Invalid file found" with launcher updater, can't update with manual patch either. [SOLVED] Bajsku10

I have also tried running the manual patch as admin. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I can't even play now, it crashes while loading my family.

Back to top Go down

"Invalid file found" with launcher updater, can't update with manual patch either. [SOLVED] Empty Re: "Invalid file found" with launcher updater, can't update with manual patch either. [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Sun 18 Nov 2012, 12:02

Hello,

Please re-do step 2 to 4: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
Re-download the manual patch (using a different browser, preferably) and re-download the Ultimate Fix.

Good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

"Invalid file found" with launcher updater, can't update with manual patch either. [SOLVED] Empty Re: "Invalid file found" with launcher updater, can't update with manual patch either. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 19 Nov 2012, 18:32

Admin wrote:Hello,

Please re-do step 2 to 4: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
Re-download the manual patch (using a different browser, preferably) and re-download the Ultimate Fix.

Good luck!

I can only assume you're a wizard because - it worked! It's weird, I've downloaded them a million times but when I tried it this last time (both from a differnet browser though) it worked! I could also install Seasons and it works perfectly:) Thank you so much! <3

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 19 Nov 2012, 18:47

Hello there,

You're most welcome!
I hear that a lot, haha. (But the secret lies in my magical touch)

Enjoy the game and never hesitate to contact us if you need more assistance! "Invalid file found" with launcher updater, can't update with manual patch either. [SOLVED] 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top