Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game crashes while loading a town.[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game crashes while loading a town.[SOLVED] Empty Game crashes while loading a town.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 20 Jun 2012, 20:48

Ok so i got this problem when i start the game, its fine...
Until the loading screen appear, it was black and the words below is messed up, the words dragged along to the left ... but the loading bar is still there loading normally.
After the loads is finish, i choose starport as my city, but the description about the town is just blank and there is not words in the menu ... after i tried to play a town, the loading screen appear to be fine, but when the game loads about 1/5 of the loading bar, it stops and crashed... im just wondering what is wrong ... i follow every steps in the instruction carefully ... even apply the ultimate fix ... it's still no use... is there any solution?

//EDIT

so no one gave a **** ...

Back to top Go down

Game crashes while loading a town.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Game crashes while loading a town.[SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 21 Jun 2012, 11:37

Hello,

Sorry about not replying sooner, we do give a Censored but this is a hobby and you'll have to realize we're in another time zone and have lives outside the forum Wink
Anyway, to the problem at hand. In which language did you install the game?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Game crashes while loading a town.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Game crashes while loading a town.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jun 2012, 11:51

Umm english of course ...

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 21 Jun 2012, 11:54

Hello,

Ok, we never assume that because the game can be installed in any language and your profile says you're in Malaysia so yeah, that's why I asked.
Are you using mods/cc (apart from official store content)?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jun 2012, 11:58

nope ... no mods ... i just recently wanted to play after severe months of absent ... well i did follow every instructions ... apply everything .. the game loads fine ... it's just weird... this is the first time i encounter this type of problem..

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 21 Jun 2012, 12:01

Hello,

We've seen this problem before. I think the solution was to completely uninstall, clear the registry, restart the pc and reinstall the game.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jun 2012, 12:04

I see... i'll get to it then ... it's kind of annoying having a smaller size hard disk ... i have to redownload some of the expansion again...

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 21 Jun 2012, 12:08

Hello,

Depending on which expansion(s)/stuffpack(s) you have available to install, you won't have to wait until each download is complete, since the fix only requires one of the following expansions: Showtime, Master Suite Stuff, Pets, Town Life Stuff or Generations.
If you have either one of those, nothing prevents you from starting to play before you finish downloading the rest.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jun 2012, 12:11

So right now im uninstalling everything, and reinstall them back by order of the game's release date or I can just install the base game and Showtime to start the game and try while others are downloading, right?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 21 Jun 2012, 12:18

Hello,

Yes, that should be no problem, as long as you use the manual patch to update your game to the latest version, and the crack from the latest fix.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jun 2012, 14:56

oh manual patch? i think i automatic update the game using game launcher to the current patch ... is that my problem?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 21 Jun 2012, 16:24

Hello,

It's possible that simply installing the cumulative patch could've solved this problem.
You had a small patch now with just the latest few updates. But there's no way of knowing since you already uninstalled.
Unless you didn't, you can download and install the manual patch and see if it makes any difference.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jun 2012, 18:34

well now i got this problem when i first starts the game, this pops out ...

"it looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification that does not match your current version of the sims 3. we recommend that you either uninstall these game modifications or get updated versions of them - otherwise you may experience crashes or significant bugs."

but i dont remember having any game mods or CC?... how to i solve this?

Oh and it gives me the option to quit or to continue...

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 21 Jun 2012, 22:00

Hello,

Ok, that means you have an outdated crack.
Did you use the crack from the latest fix, or the one from the Showtime expansion?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jun 2012, 12:04

okay.. im in the game and it can worked... but im stucked on generation expansion... if i wanna install further version... i'll install them with or without crack? im kinda of confused here...

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 22 Jun 2012, 12:12

Hello,

Don't use the crack you'll find with the expansions, all you need is the crack from the fix.
Some expansions will require you to re-crack, others don't. Just install and try and if you get a no disc or unofficial game modification error when you start the game, simply reapplying the crack from the fix is enough.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jun 2012, 12:37

Okay thanks for the help ! Very appreciated it ! Game crashes while loading a town.[SOLVED] 294340757

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 22 Jun 2012, 12:52

Hello,

You're welcome.
Can we help you with anything else at the moment?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jun 2012, 13:07

Well not in the moment, but when im need help, i'll just post another thread, thanks for the consideration... !

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 22 Jun 2012, 13:12

Hello,

You're welcome.
Don't hesitate to post if there are any questions.
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top