Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installed sims 3 Pets expansion... nothing happened?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installed sims 3 Pets expansion... nothing happened?  Empty Installed sims 3 Pets expansion... nothing happened?

Post by Guest Sat 07 Jul 2012, 21:11

I downloaded sims 3 pets and then I did the Ultimate Fix. I followed the instructions on "how to install the sims 3 correctly" or whatever it is and the ultimate fix instructions yet..
Nothing changed on my game.. no updates... no pets?

Is it because I didn't use WinRar? (I used whatever Mac usually uses i think.. unarchiver?)

Did I have to do something after downloading the expansion pack? because all i did was download pets, then immediately download the ultimate fix and follow the crack instructions on the ultimate fix guide.

Oh, and I have the base game CD, so can that make a difference?

Back to top Go down

Installed sims 3 Pets expansion... nothing happened?  Empty Re: Installed sims 3 Pets expansion... nothing happened?

Post by Guest Sat 07 Jul 2012, 21:56

this should go under mac support. but i'll answer some questions as best as possible.

1. mac from what i know don't need winrar. i've never had to use winrar whenever i did stuff on my macbook. but i don't have any games for it so i don't know.

2. did you install the expansion packs?

3. i don't think it matters about whether you have the actual game or the g4 version as long as you apply the crack.

Back to top Go down

Installed sims 3 Pets expansion... nothing happened?  Empty Re: Installed sims 3 Pets expansion... nothing happened?

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 08 Jul 2012, 09:06

//Topic moved

Hello,

You need to unpack it with stuffit expander.
You can install the expansion with your base game, as long as it's an original disc. Did you get the MAC fix?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Jul 2012, 21:38

yes, i did the mac fix. I'll try the stuffit expander! thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Jul 2012, 22:56

Okay, so stupid me didn't realize that I actually have to go install the pets game (duh!) But how do I do that on a mac? The file that the instructions tell me to install it with is Sims3Ep05Setup.exe but macs can't open .exe files. If I try to install the game using the install launcher, the icon just bounces and when it eventually opens its tells me I don't have proper disk verification or whatever...

How do I use the exe file? I saw a bunch of stuff about making a dmg version by going to disk utility and creating a new disk and putting the expanded files into it but the file remains a .exe file and I still can't open it.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Jul 2012, 02:29

i've only installed iworks and ilol but i would assume its similar... when i plugged in my external hardrive with the file, a new screen appeared and it had the program file along with a new folder and i got another screen that said " to install, drag the file to your application folder"

are you seeing something like this?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 09 Jul 2012, 07:51

Hello,

This step by step looks real useful to me. You can skip step 1 and 2.
I don't think you still need Late Night to use the other expansions though.
This guide is outdated but it has pictures Very Happy
Start on page 5.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top