Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

problem moving the final crack in the sims 3 ultimate fix.[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

problem moving the final crack in the sims 3 ultimate fix.[SOLVED] Empty problem moving the final crack in the sims 3 ultimate fix.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 13 Jul 2012, 16:47

hey i really hope someone can help me as i've been having constant problems with the sims. i found this site and have followed this post: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly. The trouble is when i get to the final step in the process, moving the contents of the # crack folder into the base game bin, the TSLHOST.dll file cant be moved to the bin. every time i try a popup appears saying: Destination access folder denied you'll need to provide administrator permission to move this folder. i press continue and it fails with a try again button which is then just an endless cycle. im the only user of this laptop and i AM the administrator. i dont know how to fix this! Sad

the only think i can think of that may affect it, is that i copied and pasted the cracks from the game folders into the base game bin because i didnt read the instructions properly (oops!) obviously i went back and dragged the cracks across into the correct expansion/stuff bins but i didnt remove anything from the base game bin because i didnt know what ones they were WhatDidUJustCallMe? not sure if this would actually impact it at all?

i tried starting up the game anyway to see what would happen and it failed to initialize (the error popup appeared)

i hope someone can help me, sorry for the long post!

Back to top Go down

problem moving the final crack in the sims 3 ultimate fix.[SOLVED] Empty Re: problem moving the final crack in the sims 3 ultimate fix.[SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 14 Jul 2012, 10:23

Hello,

It's possible. If you post a screenshot of the base game\bin, showing everything in there (list or detailed view) I can identify the ones that don't belong.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

problem moving the final crack in the sims 3 ultimate fix.[SOLVED] Empty Re: problem moving the final crack in the sims 3 ultimate fix.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 14 Jul 2012, 11:03

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

It's possible. If you post a screenshot of the base game\bin, showing everything in there (list or detailed view) I can identify the ones that don't belong.

Thank you! Here you go:
problem moving the final crack in the sims 3 ultimate fix.[SOLVED] Screen12

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 14 Jul 2012, 11:13

Hello,

I marked the ones that don't belong with arrows. You can safely delete those.
After that, try copying the TSLHost.dll again.
problem moving the final crack in the sims 3 ultimate fix.[SOLVED] Screen10
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Jul 2012, 15:08

It worked! Thank you so much for that Smile That will teach me to read instructions a little more carefully!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 14 Jul 2012, 19:22

Hello,

You're welcome.
Don’t hesitate to post if you have questions or problems again!
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top