Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to decrapify a .Sims3Pack file and avoid the "Please update game launcher" error.

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to decrapify a .Sims3Pack file and avoid the "Please update game launcher" error. - Page 2 Empty How to decrapify a .Sims3Pack file and avoid the "Please update game launcher" error.

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 23 Jul 2012, 10:27

First topic message reminder :

Hello,

Here's my "decrapifying setup" for your convenience: 

Arrow  Download Link!

If you ever run into a package or sims3pack that won't install (the "failure due to software update") you can now decrapify them quickly and easily.
There's a user guide included, which will tell you exactly what to do.

Admin edit: This might not work for some The Sims 3 Exchange items. If you still get this specific error after trying to install a .Sims3Pack file, try this little guide here: https://www.games4theworld.club/t7029-the-sims-3-cc-please-make-sure-your-game-has-the-latest-software-updates-and-try-again-error-s-100-solution

- ADMIN

Last edited by Ɛɗιη on Tue 13 Jun 2017, 11:07; edited 2 times in total
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

How to decrapify a .Sims3Pack file and avoid the "Please update game launcher" error. - Page 2 Empty Re: How to decrapify a .Sims3Pack file and avoid the "Please update game launcher" error.

Post by t2sink Mon 22 Oct 2012, 05:44

Hello, please make a topic for your problem.

t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Back to top Go down

How to decrapify a .Sims3Pack file and avoid the "Please update game launcher" error. - Page 2 Empty Re: How to decrapify a .Sims3Pack file and avoid the "Please update game launcher" error.

Post by Guest Wed 31 Oct 2012, 03:26

Hello Lady ElDi, I just want to say THANK YOU for your "decrapifying setup" also for the user guide. Razz I always have second thoughts whenever I come across these stuffs from other sites. I'm afraid I might harm the computer I'm using lol! But when I saw this post it's like a ray of light from heavens. Idea I'm also happy because the set I wanted to add was at the G4TW mediafire account and it's already decrapifed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Nov 2012, 22:01

It worked perfectly, thanks! I only wished I seen this WAY before now. I deleted a bunch of stuff because I always received the "failed" error when I tried to install the packs.

Thanks again!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Nov 2012, 15:13

I've tried to decrapify in the past and it didn't work for me, so I never bothered and just hoped that I could find what I wanted as a .package file. I tried it again after I found this last night and it works like a dream.

On the downside, I've spent the whole night messing with my game .... again!!!
I am finding G4TW most helpful, thank you so much for all you do. Even if it does cause me sleepless nights.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Nov 2012, 10:02

I have a question. If most of my sims3packs (not from the store) won't show up in game, can I decrapify all of them? (27 GB Laughing ) sorry for my english ><

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 18 Nov 2012, 10:56

pinchi wrote:I have a question. If most of my sims3packs (not from the store) won't show up in game, can I decrapify all of them? (27 GB Laughing ) sorry for my english ><
Hello,

The problem you're describing is something else. Decrapifying is only necessary when you get the "Update your game" error when you try to install a .Sims3Pack file.
For not showing up, try this, please: www.games4theworld.forumotion.com/t2208-sims3pack-installed-world-inaccessible-or-wont-install-fix

If the problem persists, please open a new topic, so we can guide you. Thank you!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Nov 2012, 06:21

Ok,i tried decrapifying two items that wouldn't installed followed your guide) but,it does not seem to help,im still getting the Error please update your game every time i do,(i am fully updated)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Nov 2012, 15:11

Hello there! I have a question or two Very Happy
If I download some content from e.g. TSR, do I still have to Decrapify the .sims3pack´s i download or will that cause failure?

Dos Descrapify also fix the broken strings in the game (such as dreep fryer food dosent show food on plate) or do I still need all the Store Fixes and Awesome mod?

So basically, if i got this right: Descrapify only takes out the crap encryption (EA´s security on Premium Content from EA store), and dos not fix broken strings ( or what is called Very Happy ) and therefore i still need the Store Fixed and Awesome Mod?? Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Dec 2012, 04:44

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I've been having this problem for ages.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 02 Dec 2012, 09:53

Numsim wrote:
Dos Descrapify also fix the broken strings in the game (such as dreep fryer food dosent show food on plate) or do I still need all the Store Fixes and Awesome mod?

Hello,

Decrapify doesn't fix the store items, you'll need the store fixes for that. You don't need Awesomemod to fix those issues though, that mod does fix a few other issues, but if you don't want Awesomemod, just use the unawesome storefix.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jan 2013, 18:41

Thanks ! It helped me alot ~

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2013, 23:08

Lady ElDi wrote:If you ever run into a package or sims3pack that won't install (the "failure due to software update") you can now decrapify them quickly and easily.
So it's true decrapify works on packages?
I checked the user guide doc and there are no specific instructions for .packages files, only sims3packs.

Any suggestions, thanks?

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Tue 29 Jan 2013, 03:46

Packages don't have the encryption, so don't need to do it. At least I think.
t2sink
t2sink
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Jan 2013, 17:28

t2sink wrote:Packages don't have the encryption, so don't need to do it. At least I think.
It's not a matter of need, I personally think it's better to use decrapify on .packages to save space. It sheds the crap from inside .sims3packs, shouldn't that work for .packages?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 30 Jan 2013, 19:54

ilovemacs wrote:
t2sink wrote:Packages don't have the encryption, so don't need to do it. At least I think.
It's not a matter of need, I personally think it's better to use decrapify on .packages to save space. It sheds the crap from inside .sims3packs, shouldn't that work for .packages?
Hi there,

Save space? How much space do you think you'll save? Razz
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Wed 30 Jan 2013, 20:28

ilovemacs wrote:

Crap is referred to as the encryption, not actually useless material in the file, so using decrapify on it just removes the encryption.
t2sink
t2sink
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Feb 2013, 16:51

Hi,

Does "decrapifing" still works as of today ?
I followed the instructions here but as I can see (using other tools) the .sim3pack files are still encrypted, and of course getting the "need update" error when trying to install after decrapifing.

I have the base game with version 1.48.5, but I guess my installed sims3 version is unrelated since I can see the packs are still encrypted even without the sims installed

P.S. I used sims3packs from other sites and they work 100%

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 12 Feb 2013, 19:55

nmeraey wrote:Hi,

Does "decrapifing" still works as of today ?
I followed the instructions here but as I can see (using other tools) the .sim3pack files are still encrypted, and of course getting the "need update" error when trying to install after decrapifing.

I have the base game with version 1.48.5, but I guess my installed sims3 version is unrelated since I can see the packs are still encrypted even without the sims installed

P.S. I used sims3packs from other sites and they work 100%
Hello,

Yes, still works. Depends on where you got them from. Some items are just "corrupt" and won't install, unfortunately.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Apr 2013, 05:19

Thanks for the FileHow to decrapify a .Sims3Pack file and avoid the "Please update game launcher" error. - Page 2 1577371209

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Apr 2013, 15:19

Wooh, it works.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 May 2013, 16:54

Hi again! Sorry to bother, but I need to decrapify my house..... It's not installing Sad Could anyone please decrapify my sims3pack..... I'm on mac, and i've read the user guide..... So you're the only ones that I know......

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Fri 24 May 2013, 18:04

aj_navarro2007 wrote:Hi again! Sorry to bother, but I need to decrapify my house..... It's not installing Sad Could anyone please decrapify my sims3pack..... I'm on mac, and i've read the user guide..... So you're the only ones that I know......

Where did you get it from? A lot of items off of the exchange just haven't been installing for anybody lately.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 May 2013, 03:51

invalidusername wrote:
aj_navarro2007 wrote:Hi again! Sorry to bother, but I need to decrapify my house..... It's not installing Sad Could anyone please decrapify my sims3pack..... I'm on mac, and i've read the user guide..... So you're the only ones that I know......

Where did you get it from? A lot of items off of the exchange just haven't been installing for anybody lately.

I'll sent you the file...... But if ever, The name of my house is "5 TraddMoore Cashew" Smile

EDIT: The website is: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5965717#

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Jun 2013, 03:44

you, mylady, are a lifesaver! Hammertime

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Jun 2013, 19:30

Does the decrapify trick still work?  Because I downloaded some stuff from the exchange , I followed all those steps , but I still get the "please update your game" error

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 17 Jun 2013, 19:50

Crissu xD wrote:Does the decrapify trick still work?  Because I downloaded some stuff from the exchange , I followed all those steps , but I still get the "please update your game" error

Hello,

Have you already looked at this article here ? Smile

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t7029-the-sims-3-cc-please-make-sure-your-game-has-the-latest-software-updates-and-try-again-error-s-100-solution
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top