Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Serial Generator that comes with Sims 3 doesn't work

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Serial Generator that comes with Sims 3 doesn't work Empty Serial Generator that comes with Sims 3 doesn't work

Post by Guest Sat 25 Aug 2012, 10:58

Hello all,

I've been trying to install The Sims 3 and various expansion packs on my OS X Lion Macbook with no luck for about a week now (despite following instructions from the available guides)... I lost patience and decided to delete everything and start from scratch this evening.

I downloaded The Sims 3 (version 1.0.615.00107) from the games4theworld Downloads page and was able to install. However, whenever I try to open the launcher and play the game, it takes several minutes and finally asks me for a serial code to register the game. I've tried about a dozen different codes, both from the Serial.exe that comes with the download and from other sources around the internet, but none of the codes work. The program just dithers for another two-three minutes and then asks for a serial again.

Can anyone help me with a valid serial? Is there a different download I can try? I feel like I've downloaded so many different versions of The Sims 3 and none of them have worked for me. The farthest I ever got was being able to play the Base game, but I have never been able to install any of the expansions, despite following instructions from various guides to the letter.

Back to top Go down

Serial Generator that comes with Sims 3 doesn't work Empty Re: Serial Generator that comes with Sims 3 doesn't work

Post by Admin Sat 25 Aug 2012, 17:28

Hello,

Did you install the Games4theworld base game? They say the Games4theworld version of the base game does not work on Mac's. But it's worth trying in your situation.

Here's a serial code for the base game: 6XVV-87N4-6ZLR-U6ZQ-TRLD , though this code will only work during the installation wizard. If you're prompted to enter the serial code when you try to launch the game, it means you either forgot to apply the included crack or applied it incorrectly.
Try the Mac version of our Ultimate Fix: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems (You need at least one of the expansions released after and including Generations, for the Fix to work!)
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Serial Generator that comes with Sims 3 doesn't work Empty Re: Serial Generator that comes with Sims 3 doesn't work

Post by Guest Sun 26 Aug 2012, 03:49

Hi, thanks for your response!

I did install the Games4theworld base game. I followed the instructions at /Guides/The_Sims_3_MAC_Guide.pdf very carefully, but it didn't say anything about a crack. I used a serial code that the included file Serial.exe gave me, but when I launched the game it continued to ask for a code.

Should I start over and try to get the base game from a different source? If I do, will the expansions from this site work? I haven't been able to get those to work; I make a disk image out of the un-rared folder and open the installer for them, but nothing opens and the icon just bounces in the dock for a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 26 Aug 2012, 10:30

Hello,

No you're asked for the serial again because the game wasn't cracked. It has nothing to do with where you got the base game.
You can use the MAC fix to crack it, but it requires at least one of the following expansions: Diesel Stuff, Katy Perry Sweet treats, Showtime, Master Suite Stuff, Pets, Town Life Stuff or Generations.
You should have no problem getting the expansions to work on MAC, though you may need a different base game since ours is known not to work on MAC.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top