Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In-game thumbnail problems?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

In-game thumbnail problems? Empty In-game thumbnail problems?

Post by Guest Sat 30 Nov 2013, 09:50

Hi, I've had this problem since I got sims 3 and the EP and SP I wanted, and it's when small objects such as; Food, Books, Rocks, A child imaginary friend etc. The thumbnail is messed up? This happens to my custom content I download aswell. I have provided pictures:

In my last post someone said it may be because i used the crack files in the ultimate fix, as in the ones that are for each EP, and SP. But im not sure so thats why im asking. So my question is: Is there a way to fix this?

http://postimg.org/gallery/7n77lkw/390c8a99/

http://postimg.org/image/kcldjwd3d/89f9a35c/

Back to top Go down

In-game thumbnail problems? Empty Re: In-game thumbnail problems?

Post by J.T. Sat 30 Nov 2013, 11:29

This problem can be caused by corrupted thumbnails.
Can you try deleting the content of the folders Thumbnails and FeaturedItems in C:\Users\(your computer username)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3?
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Nov 2013, 12:21

Will deleting them fix the problem?

//EDIT

Oh, and is this the correct file it's in? C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Thumbnails

//EDIT

Or this one: C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Thumbnails

Note: Please don't double post, click edit instead. Wink
-cezra31

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Nov 2013, 13:45

Hello,

I think the second one that you said is the one that J.T. talking about, C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Thumbnails Smile .

And just back-up, just in case. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Nov 2013, 14:54

Okay, I deleted the items inside FeaturedItems and Thumbnail and it didnt work, my thumbnails in the game are still messed up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Dec 2013, 11:34

Well it seems like no one is replying, but i'd like to update those who are helping me with that I have uninstalled ALL my sims 3 expansions, stuff packs and base game. I have installed them back on but this time I have every expansion and stuff pack. I went onto my game and sselected the settings i wanted (of course i restarted the game before playing), opened up a new world and started playing however even after uninstalling them and installing them again my thumbnails for food, books and some custom content is still messed up... The main reason I uninstalled them is because I started experiencing error code 12... It sucked and it was unplayable since I knew that everytime i'd save there was probably a 70% chance error code 12 would appear... So there was no point playing anymore.

Thanks for those who are reading this and helping me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top