Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

problems with sims 3 - unable to interact, not aging. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

problems with sims 3 - unable to interact, not aging. [SOLVED] Empty problems with sims 3 - unable to interact, not aging. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 02 Jul 2011, 14:39

Hello

I have every expansion for sims 3. I used your fix. It worked fine for a while.
First my sim was unable to sleep in beds, she just jumped out whenever I wanted her to sleep (however she was able to sleep in a slepping bag) some time passed, then I wasn't able to click on the other sims in the family, their name became different and I couldn't interact with them anymore.
So I changed the city and started to play with an original family. New problem occured: they weren'T aging. I checked aging was enabled so they should be aging.
ThenI realised that my game is not up to date. I tried to update it via launcher but it said it is unable to connect with EA Download manager. So I updated it manually. And started to use a mini image. But I still have the not aging problem....
My current versions are: 1.22.9/2.17.2/3.13.1/4.10.1/5.8.1/6.5.1/7.3.2/8.0.152
I thought of using your fix again, but I have more up to date patches than you have in the fix.

What should I do now??

Back to top Go down

problems with sims 3 - unable to interact, not aging. [SOLVED] Empty Re: problems with sims 3 - unable to interact, not aging. [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 02 Jul 2011, 14:51

Hi Rawena,

The fix should be entirely up to date, but to be on the safe side, lets wait for Admin to come online and he can tell you for sure.
To be honest, what you're saying feels like an EA bug to me, or an issue with custom content. Did you get your base game and expansions from G4TW?

Lady ElDi
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

problems with sims 3 - unable to interact, not aging. [SOLVED] Empty Re: problems with sims 3 - unable to interact, not aging. [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Sat 02 Jul 2011, 15:02

Rawena wrote:Hello

I have every expansion for sims 3. I used your fix. It worked fine for a while.
First my sim was unable to sleep in beds, she just jumped out whenever I wanted her to sleep (however she was able to sleep in a slepping bag) some time passed, then I wasn't able to click on the other sims in the family, their name became different and I couldn't interact with them anymore.
So I changed the city and started to play with an original family. New problem occured: they weren'T aging. I checked aging was enabled so they should be aging.
ThenI realised that my game is not up to date. I tried to update it via launcher but it said it is unable to connect with EA Download manager. So I updated it manually. And started to use a mini image. But I still have the not aging problem....
My current versions are: 1.22.9/2.17.2/3.13.1/4.10.1/5.8.1/6.5.1/7.3.2/8.0.152
I thought of using your fix again, but I have more up to date patches than you have in the fix.

What should I do now??
Hello,

First of all, download and install the EA Download Manager (Now also known as "Origin). After that, let is search for a new update again and see if it does find an update now.
If yes, just update. If not - did you use any Custom Content?

Lady ElDi wrote:Hi Rawena,

The fix should be entirely up to date, but to be on the safe side, lets wait for Admin to come online and he can tell you for sure.
To be honest, what you're saying feels like an EA bug to me, or an issue with custom content. Did you get your base game and expansions from G4TW?

Lady ElDi
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Jul 2011, 15:06

Lady ElDi

My base game is Razor, the other expansion packs I have no idea, some form here some frome elsewhere. But Generations is definetly from here.
I checked the fix and it's not that up to date. The base game yes, but the expansions not.
Sorry I'm not english, can you tell me what is custom content?

I have Ea on my computer, just not working...
I checked manually and my game is completly up to date. I I updated it a day ago.

//EDIT

I looked up custom content and I do not have that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 02 Jul 2011, 15:16

Rawena wrote:

Lady ElDi

My base game is Razor, the other expansion packs I have no idea, some form here some frome elsewhere. But Generations is definetly from here.
I checked the fix and it's not that up to date. The base game yes, but the expansions not.
Sorry I'm not english, can you tell me what is custom content?

I have Ea on my computer, just not working...
I checked manually and my game is completly up to date. I I updated it a day ago.

//EDIT

I looked up custom content and I do not have that.
Hello,

Custom Content is extra stuff you added to the game. For example if you add extra clothes or extra buildings that don't come with the game by default.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Jul 2011, 15:22

no I don't have custom content

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 02 Jul 2011, 15:24

Rawena wrote:no I don't have custom content
Hello,

Then I recommend you try to install our version of the base game.
Could you also please give me all your games + expansions versions?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Jul 2011, 15:34

my versions: 1.22.9/2.17.2/3.13.1/4.10.1/5.8.1/6.5.1/7.3.2/8.0.152

So I have to uninstall every expansion pack to be able to install your version of the base game?
(before the expansion packs this base game version worked fine...)

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 02 Jul 2011, 15:41

Rawena wrote:my versions: 1.22.9/2.17.2/3.13.1/4.10.1/5.8.1/6.5.1/7.3.2/8.0.152

So I have to uninstall every expansion pack to be able to install your version of the base game?
(before the expansion packs this base game version worked fine...)
Hello,

Just to be sure. Please do it as following:

1. Backup your savegames.
2. Uninstall the base game.
3. Restart your PC.
4. Reinstall the ® Games4theworld version of the game and see if it makes any difference. (Don't apply the included crack, but re-apply the Generations crack!)

Ps. If it didn't work. I'm afraid this is an EA bug and you'll need to wait for a patch from EA.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Jul 2011, 15:45

Thank you I will try it. I started to download your version of the game from piratebay.

If I don't do back ups form my saves is it a problem? I do not care about them so it is not a problem for me if they became deleted.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 02 Jul 2011, 15:53

Rawena wrote:Thank you I will try it. I started to download your version of the game from piratebay.

If I don't do back ups form my saves is it a problem? I do not care about them so it is not a problem for me if they became deleted.
Hello,

During the uninstallation, it'll ask you what to do. (If you want to delete the files or not) Just choose "Yes", so we've got a completely "clean" installation.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Jul 2011, 17:04

Thank you

//EDIT

I did everything as you said. I downloaded the Origin thing too. (However I'm afraid it will report me...)
I patched the game via launcher.
I cracked it.
When I wanted to play an error message poped up (about my game beiing illegal) a pressed continue and than the game started. (didn't have this illegal issue ever before... so it's new to me)
I played for a "day" and time passed so my sims now are aging.
This not legal thing will cause me problems or it is just natural with your version?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Jul 2011, 21:27

Can you give us the exact message that appears when you start the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Jul 2011, 21:38

Well I try to translate it for you to english:

"You installed an unofficial modification pack, which is not compatible with the currently used version of Sims 3 base game. We advice you to unistall the modifications or download the updated versions of them - otherwise your game might freeze or serious problems might occure in it's functioning.
Do you want to quit?
I quit I continue"

As you can see it is not the not legal thing, because i didn't got that anymore, only for the update. And I found something similar in this forum about that. But nothing about this messege.

//EDIT

I didn't install anything only the base game and the expansions nothing else. I have no idea what is "modification pack" (i'm not sure it is the correct translation for this, but surely the closest one)

Last edited by Rawena on Sat 02 Jul 2011, 21:49; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Jul 2011, 22:12

That does not mean it is illegal. Its just an error message that mentions you have installed an unofficial modification. An unofficial modification is basically a community made mod that does not install through the launcher and is not sponsored by EA. Just press continue and you will be able to play the game. I get this same message myself. As to the fact your sims cannot interact and are not aging, well, I believe that is just a bug in the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Jul 2011, 23:08

strange... I don't have that community made mod... I never did.
Thank you. Then I will not be afraid anymore.

//EDIT

One more question. Can I do anything to not get that message anymore?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Jul 2011, 23:13

Its just a glitch that appears because of the crack most likely. You don't have any mods, but of course you aren't using a legit version of the game, so there is missing and possibly added coding to the game files which may trigger the message.

Edit: Unfortunately, no, you cannot get rid of this message.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Jul 2011, 23:14

thank you for your help!

Admin edit: Problem solved, topic closed.

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top