Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

0x0175dcbb problem - Another solution

View previous topic View next topic Go down

0x0175dcbb problem - Another solution Empty 0x0175dcbb problem - Another solution

Post by Guest Sun 23 Sep 2012, 17:00

First of all this is my first post here. 0x0175dcbb problem - Another solution 1577371209
So I want to thank Admin and LadyElDi for their amazing support in helping Sims 3 Fans like me with the videos and walk-through guides and so on - You Guys are brilliant! 0x0175dcbb problem - Another solution 611149516
I have been reading this forum for this weekend only and I love this place. 0x0175dcbb problem - Another solution 294340757

However I ran into the 0x0175dcbb problem after installing Supernatural (Paid for it - dumb as I am), not knowing it was an 0x0175dcbb problem at all. pale
Looking all over the web for a solution, found this Heaven here and it helped me to locate my problem.
But not a solution Crying or Very sad
At first! Wink

So after removing all Sims 3 games, re-installing, following the Step by Step guide from here (Thank you for that one - would have been lost without it) Laughing
I hoped to play Sims 3 again, however the problem still existed Mad

Refused to spend another two hours removing and re-installing and have a chance on still having the same problem, I decided to find the error.
I did by chance by reading some of the posts here and decided to know all about 0x0175dcbb problems.
And I tried everything solution, I could find.
However with having all the expantions and extra packages, it is not easy to find the one causing the problem.
So I fool around for a bit, looking a everything at new, trying to find a way to locate the problem.
Then I saw it.
A missing icon for a expansion pack and one for an extra pack.
Wrote Regedit, deleted the two package files there and remove the games from the computer from "Remove A Program" (I'm greenlandic - so not sure what it's call in english)
Re-install them and VOILA!

I CAN PLAY!!! affraid

Here is a picture, so you can see, what I'm refering to.
0x0175dcbb problem - Another solution Regedit_zps8a4ce61c

I hope, that will help others in the same situation like me.

Oh, one question - the mediafire-link from you guys - they are all decrap and ready for use?
I should just throw them in Download Folder and install?

And the reason so many have the 0x0175dcbb could be be cause Supernatural like Pets wants to de-install, if you doubleclick on the Disk, where the DVD is in, instead of starting the game and somehow ruins others pack's registry?
Something I noticed, when my kids played.
It's just a quess, but that's the only thing I can think of now, cause everything worked fine untill Supernatural was install and I doubleclick - was impatient.... Embarassed

Anyhoo!

Thank you Admin and LadyElDi for every post and solution, you have written and made cheers

Back to top Go down

0x0175dcbb problem - Another solution Empty Re: 0x0175dcbb problem - Another solution

Post by Admin Sun 23 Sep 2012, 17:07

Hello,

Thank you for your trust and support in Games4theworld, it's appreciated!
And thank you for this helpful topic too!

Yes, everything on our MediaFire account is decrapped and ready-to-use, for your ease.
As for the problem, there are different things that could be causing the issue, it's hard to tell. Usually I help those people via TeamViewer, re-doing all the instructions (Without reinstalling at first) and we usually get it to work. Did you happen to get an "Error during Startup" too, when starting through the launcher?

Thank you for your trust in us!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

0x0175dcbb problem - Another solution Empty Re: 0x0175dcbb problem - Another solution

Post by Guest Sun 23 Sep 2012, 17:20

I had the error both ways through Launcher and .exe.
Eventhough I install the FIX, the Game wouldn't start.

I tried deleting the files in Regedit, but I think I lost the packs, when I did that, didn't check. Just wanted to play, so re-install the two in question and there are no problems at all. Well, not yet anyhoo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 23 Sep 2012, 17:22

Auntie Bella wrote:I had the error both ways through Launcher and .exe.
Eventhough I install the FIX, the Game wouldn't start.

I tried deleting the files in Regedit, but I think I lost the packs, when I did that, didn't check. Just wanted to play, so re-install the two in question and there are no problems at all. Well, not yet anyhoo.
Hello,

I think the icons where gone, because you removed their Registry entries.
You only have to delete Registry entries that belong to a game you have already removed!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Sep 2012, 17:36

No they were gone before that.
I re-install all packages after removing them and clearing the Registy.
The game wouldn't start after that and applied the FIX for giving a go, still no gameplay.

Looked at the games through Menu, when I noticed the missing Icons.

The reason for the way the picture looks, it be cause I first thought of sharing this after deleting the files in Registry and while removing the first game - World Adventures. So I had to be fast to snap a picture.

Somehow, someway under the re-installing something go broke in the two games. World Adventures - which is odd, be cause I paid for it.
So it should have been the same regkey there, 'cause it's the same code and so on.
The Pets - which I borrowed from here - a friend of mine is playing with my Pets.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top