Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem, got this "unable to start game, Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb). [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problem, got this "unable to start game, Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb). [SOLVED] Empty Problem, got this "unable to start game, Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb). [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 18 Jun 2013, 19:56

I'm sorry i know this kind of topics are already here but i didn't get answer to my problem. I have installed already Ambitions, Diesel Stuff, Generations, Late Night, Pets, Seasons, Showtime, Town Life Stuff and World Adventures. Today i tried to add a University Life to my game collection, but instead i got this error. I also tried  to use this ultimate fix, but i think i did something wrong or it just didn't work. Before today's problem i didn't have ultimate fix at all, so i read the instructions and acted like there was said. After putting files from crack into Sims 3 Game Bin i got this box (task?) where said that the game owner is unknown ors. i hit the run but nothing happened. I also tried this "regedit" video, but there wasn't anything i could delete. Then i checked the game updates , it was 1.50.056 and i did it again, don't know why but now i am back to the beginning and got this 0x0175dcbb error. Please help, i don't know what to do.

I was going to uninstall all my games and then install them again but without university life but thought you guys could help me Smile
Please Smile

Back to top Go down

Problem, got this "unable to start game, Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb). [SOLVED] Empty Re: Problem, got this "unable to start game, Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb). [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 18 Jun 2013, 20:21

Are you sure about the regedit thing? This is what the error shows...
Check that in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Sims there aren't any folders concerning games you don't have anymore.

Back to top Go down

Problem, got this "unable to start game, Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb). [SOLVED] Empty Re: Problem, got this "unable to start game, Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb). [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 18 Jun 2013, 21:32

Yes, i'm sure. This is what i see there :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Jun 2013, 21:37

hey i'm from estonia, so it's like shortcut Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Jun 2013, 21:42

Sorry, then, there is no other way.
First, backup your saves and all if you have any: drag the folder \Documents\electronic Arts\The Sims 3 to your desktop.
Uninstall all your games.
Restart your pc.
Re install everything one by one, and check for updates after each one. If any are available, update your game.
Once everything is installed, check your game is version 1.50, otherwise use the Manual Patch.
Then, copy the files from the Crack folder of the Ultimate Fix (only those are required) to their respective location.
Then, try to start the game. If all goes well, you can put back your saved folder from your desktop!
Tell us how it went!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Jun 2013, 21:46

Thank you for your help. I'm just sad that there aren't any other way around this problem. Soon i will report back Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Jun 2013, 21:49

Before that, try to uninstall University only, restart, and check the regedit that the folder is gone. Then re install it following the instructions.
Otherwise, follow my instructions, and even with University Life it should be fine Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 18 Jun 2013, 21:52

Etuhhh wrote:Thank you for your help. I'm just sad that there aren't any other way around this problem. Soon i will report back Smile

Hello,

Yes, there is no other way I'm afraid. This process will take some time and effort, but: you will not lose your old savegames, mods and custom content (remember the folder "The Sims 3" that you backed up ? This contains your old files) Wink.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Jun 2013, 22:03

I tried to uninstall the University Life and all went well. The game started, but instead of working normally. It asked me seasons expansion pack Cd inserted.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Jun 2013, 22:06

Ok, please apply every step of the Ultimate Fix! That should do it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Jun 2013, 22:24

oh now i have this task problem again, it says : publisher isn't checkable. Are you sure you want to run this software? Then when i hit the run button nothing happens, game do not start.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Jun 2013, 22:26

Ok, sorry, but this seems too messed up...
Please follow my instructions above for uninstall/re install...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Jun 2013, 22:37

Okei, thank you anyway Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Jun 2013, 22:38

No problem. Tell us how it went!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Jun 2013, 20:25

It's alright now. Game work perfectly. I just don't understand what went wrong so i can't have University Life EP.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Jun 2013, 20:47

Did you make University life work too? There shouldn't be a problem with that...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Jun 2013, 21:15

No, i left University Life out because i was afraid that the game won't start. But if i want to, what should i do next*?

//EDIT

I just don't want to mess anything up again

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Jun 2013, 21:19

If your game works fine:
¤ Take the files from the "University Life & ..." folder of the Ultimate Fix, then copy them over to the right location.
¤ Re-apply the Manual Patch
¤ Install University Life
Copy the files from the Crack folder to the right location.
You should be good to play!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Jun 2013, 22:57

I am good to play ! Smile Really happy too!! Thank you for your help Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Jun 2013, 09:42

So University Life works as well?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Jun 2013, 11:14

Yes, everything works, everything's OK Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Jun 2013, 11:16

Great! Happy simming! The Sims 3 plumbob
I'll close the topic then.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top