Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP: Some of the files have been modified please reinstall?!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

HELP: Some of the files have been modified please reinstall?! Empty HELP: Some of the files have been modified please reinstall?!

Post by Guest Fri 28 Sep 2012, 02:17

This is really pissing me off. I finally get all of my expansions downloaded and I am completely excited to play and then BOOM, I can't even update to 1.38. I've applied both the fix and manual patch and when I am prompted to update it stops and says "Some of the files have been modified please reinstall" When I view the log it says TSLHost.dll SHA1 Error. Please help me, this is driving me insane.

Back to top Go down

HELP: Some of the files have been modified please reinstall?! Empty Re: HELP: Some of the files have been modified please reinstall?!

Post by Dieneryn Fri 28 Sep 2012, 14:54

If you have applied the manual patch it should be version 1.38 now.. You do not have to update from the prompts/launcher if you already used the manual patch.
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs

Female

Back to top Go down

HELP: Some of the files have been modified please reinstall?! Empty Re: HELP: Some of the files have been modified please reinstall?!

Post by Guest Fri 28 Sep 2012, 21:01

Well it is not 1.38 it is currently 15.0

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Sat 29 Sep 2012, 05:39

Well, thats because you used the Ultimate Fix. You can check the version of your game by doing this:

- Applications > The Sims 3 (right click and show package contents)
- Contents > info.plist (open it)

Scroll down and you should see this section:
ClientBuild

It will tell you the version of your game.

Remember not do update from any prompts or launcher now as the latest is 1.39 and you will not be able to play your game until the new Ultimate Fix is out.
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Sep 2012, 16:59

Okay, I just did that and it says that it is indeed 1.38 Smile So technically the actual launcher wont have the correct version number even though it is 1.38 the launcher will continue to say 15.0?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Sat 29 Sep 2012, 17:01

Yep, once you have applied Ultimate Fix that number will change (:
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Sep 2012, 17:02

Wait the number on the launcher will change?
Sorry I'm really new to this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Sat 29 Sep 2012, 17:11

Yes. Well as long as it is already 1.38 when you checked in Info.plist, you do not have to worry about anything.
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Sep 2012, 17:16

Okie dokie, thank you so much !

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top