Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Error During Startup...help! [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Error During Startup...help! [SOLVED] Empty The Error During Startup...help! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 12 Oct 2012, 01:30

I have the base game, and I downloaded Ambitions, Late Night and Generations from Games4theworld last month. So I recently decided to download Supernatural. I used utorrent, winRAR, and then setup.exe, installation guide and all that. It installed fine, but I think I somehow messed it up when using the Ultimate Fix thing.

I opened the "Supernatural & Diesel Stuff & Katy Perry Sweet Treats & Showtime & Master Suite Stuff & Pets & Town Life Stuff & Generations" folder and I copy/paste both files in there to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.

So I opened the launcher and it said "There was a error during startup please see the log for more details."

I tried this solution: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyKMnpKHGg8 Unfortunately, it did not work since it only says that I have The Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations and Supernatural.

I don't know what to do now. Although I didn't update my game to 1.39...could that be a problem? Should I use the manual patch?

Back to top Go down

The Error During Startup...help! [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Error During Startup...help! [SOLVED]

Post by t2sink Fri 12 Oct 2012, 04:50

Yeah, try to update with the manual patch, then do the Ultimate Fix, since you probably have the Ultimate Fix for 1.39 anyway, instead of a older version.
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

The Error During Startup...help! [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Error During Startup...help! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 12 Oct 2012, 04:58

OK I'll do it.

EDIT: I installed the manual patch and my game was updated, but when I clicked on Play, it said that I needed a disk to play Supernatural. So I opened the "Supernatural & Diesel Stuff & Katy Perry Sweet Treats & Showtime & Master Suite Stuff & Pets & Town Life Stuff & Generations" folder and I copy/paste both files in there to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. But now when I open the launcher, the Error During Startup is back AGAIN.

This is so frustrating. I don't see why everything has to be difficult and complex. And it's bad enough that I'm not getting instant help on this forum. Facepalm

EDIT 2: So I decided to apply the 2 files from the #crack folder to the base game\bin. The launcher opened up again, horrayy, but THEN when I clicked Play, the screen was black and nothing happened...then this showed up:

The Error During Startup...help! [SOLVED] 166ygcp

I already took out my Mods folder and dragged it to my desktop. What else do they want?? It's like no matter what I do, there's always a problem after problem after problem.

EDIT 3: I updated the Overwatch mod (although I'm still using the same resource.cfg file, does that need updating too?), but that message above still shows up!
However, when I click "continue", the game starts and I'm able to play the game, including Supernatural. But that message is worrying me, I don't want any crashes or bugs...

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 12 Oct 2012, 13:14

Hello,

Good because your game can indeed crash. If you have tried it without the mods folder you either have:
-The latest game version, but an outdated crack
or
-The latest crack but not the latest game version.

Either way it can be fixed by making sure you're at patch level 1.39 and that you have the latest fix, updated October 30th.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Oct 2012, 14:44

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

Good because your game can indeed crash. If you have tried it without the mods folder you either have:
-The latest game version, but an outdated crack
or
-The latest crack but not the latest game version.

Either way it can be fixed by making sure you're at patch level 1.39 and that you have the latest fix, updated October 30th.

As I mentioned before, I installed the manual patch (1.39) and the latest fix, and I updated the mod. So I don't understand why that message keeps coming up.... that's why I asked if I have to update the resource.cfg file too?

And I think you meant September 30th.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 12 Oct 2012, 18:08

Hello,

Indeed I did Laughing
No, you don't have to update the resourcefile. That's not relevant since this error comes up when you remove the mods folder as well.
Can you show a detailed screenshot of the base game\bin?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Oct 2012, 23:35

Lady ElDi wrote:
Can you show a detailed screenshot of the base game\bin?

Like this?

The Error During Startup...help! [SOLVED] 2njv7rt

EDIT: Also, when I drag the Mods folder to my desktop, and then open the launcher, this Script Error shows up.

The Error During Startup...help! [SOLVED] 2n1s8xy

Of course when I put the mods folder back, it doesn't show up.

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Sat 13 Oct 2012, 05:06

My Game/Bin has 38 files, so you lack a few files there.

The script error is just displaying a webpage by thesims3.com so it's a issue with them not having a update/correct script.

Edit: my game/bin https://i.servimg.com/u/f30/17/80/37/66/t2sink10.jpg for example.

Pry be best to uninstall, reboot, and re-install The Sims 3. Might be able to do with just re-doing the base, then re-applying the Ultimate Fix.
t2sink
t2sink
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 Oct 2012, 08:04

My Game/Bin has 38 files, so you lack a few files there.

I'm missing these:

dialoglogo128x128.jpg
GL.ini
paul.dll
winui.dll

I don't know what any of them means.

The script error is just displaying a webpage by thesims3.com so it's a issue with them not having a update/correct script.

So it's EA's problem, not mine?

Pry be best to uninstall, reboot, and re-install The Sims 3. Might be able to do with just re-doing the base, then re-applying the Ultimate Fix.

I was afraid someone would say that. I'm really nervous about that. Isn't there another solution? Anything at all, besides re-installing everything? I mean, I've been playing the game for hours now and it's working fine, it's just those damn messages that keep popping up...

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Sun 14 Oct 2012, 07:41

Well dialoglogo128x128.jpg is just a picture, so nothing really important there, but the other 3 can cause issues from not having them.

Yeah, or of the the .ini/.dll not existing to display something correclty.

Reason I said Might be able to do with just re-doing the base. Would most likely solve the issues, and maintain the expansion installed.

Uninstall The Sims 3 Base, reboot, re-install The Sims 3 base, then re-apply the Ultimate Fix.
t2sink
t2sink
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 14 Oct 2012, 12:54

Hello,

And as a final note, you don't have the proper crack in there. Your TS3W.exe and TSLHost.dll are outdated.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Oct 2012, 13:43

Uninstall The Sims 3 Base, reboot, re-install The Sims 3 base, then re-apply the Ultimate Fix.
So re-installing the base is not gonna negatively affect the other expansions packs I have, right? I actually bought the base, so I didn't download it from games4theworld.

And if I re-install it, what about all of the store contents that I downloaded from games4theworld's mediafire, would I lose them?

Also, if I re-install, will I get those 3 missing files?

Sorry for all these questions, I just have a lot to learn...

And as a final note, you don't have the proper crack in there. Your TS3W.exe and TSLHost.dll are outdated.
I'm an idiot. I thought I used the most recent fix, but I somehow used the previous one instead. Facepalm

I opened the #Crack folder, and I copy/paste the 2 files to the base game/bin. So now, The files' date is 9/30/2012.

Should I open the "Supernatural & Diesel Stuff & Katy Perry Sweet Treats & Showtime & Master Suite Stuff & Pets & Town Life Stuff & Generations" folder and copy/paste both files to game game\Bin as well? The files' date is 2/2/2012.

P.S. I really don't think all those expansion/stuff packs should share the same folder, wouldn't that get a bit confusing?

EDIT: So after updating the cracks, the "unofficial modification error" is GONE now. Finally! However, I'm missing 3 files....which I don't remember ever having in the first place, I always had 34 files in total since I installed the base game....I think. Anyway, it may be causing the Script Error.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 14 Oct 2012, 18:22

Hello there,

happysimming wrote:So re-installing the base is not gonna negatively affect the other expansions packs I have, right? I actually bought the base, so I didn't download it from games4theworld.

And if I re-install it, what about all of the store contents that I downloaded from games4theworld's mediafire, would I lose them?

Also, if I re-install, will I get those 3 missing files?
No, it will work just fine together. IF you got the base game via Origin, you just have to copy the crack to this folder instead: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin
You should make a backup of this folder: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 , as it holds all your saves and items.

If the missing files are missing in the game directories (the folders where you installed the games to), the manual patch will repair those.

happysimming wrote:Should I open the "Supernatural & Diesel Stuff & Katy Perry Sweet Treats & Showtime & Master Suite Stuff & Pets & Town Life Stuff & Generations" folder and copy/paste both files to game game\Bin as well? The files' date is 2/2/2012.

P.S. I really don't think all those expansion/stuff packs should share the same folder, wouldn't that get a bit confusing?

EDIT: So after updating the cracks, the "unofficial modification error" is GONE now. Finally! However, I'm missing 3 files....which I don't remember ever having in the first place, I always had 34 files in total since I installed the base game....I think. Anyway, it may be causing the Script Error.
Actually, it's more confusing if they all have different folder. People will keep asking "Why do we have to replace the same file again if we already replaced it", as all the original files for expansions released after and including Generations go into the same folder!
No, the Script Error is NOT caused by any file or folder on your PC. It's just bad coding on the The Sims 3 website that is loaded on the launcher, nothing you can do about.

If your game works fine now, don't fix what isn't broken!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Oct 2012, 09:57

Admin wrote:No, it will work just fine together. IF you got the base game via Origin, you just have to copy the crack to this folder instead: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin
My Origin Games folder is empty.

If the missing files are missing in the game directories (the folders where you installed the games to), the manual patch will repair those.
How important are those 3 missing files? I already installed the manual patch from here.

If your game works fine now, don't fix what isn't broken!
Yeah the game is working, so I'm not gonna mess with it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 16 Oct 2012, 17:07

Hello,

In that case, don't fix what isn't broken! (If there were any missing files - which shouldn't cause a lot of problems in your case, depending on the files missing - the manual patch fixed them already)
Anything else we can currently help you with?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Oct 2012, 05:43

Nope, I currently have no problems. Thank you! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 18 Oct 2012, 22:03

Hello,

Glad to hear that!
I hope you enjoy the game and do not hesitate to contact us again if you need any more assistance! The Error During Startup...help! [SOLVED] 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top