Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IP making sims freeze in action?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

IP making sims freeze in action? Empty IP making sims freeze in action?

Post by Guest Sun 25 Aug 2013, 17:08

Hello,

Since i installed IP my sims have been freezing randomly, the funny thing about this is that, not all sims/pets are freezing at the same time.
I would descripe it as my sim just stopping and thinking, should i do this? I always happens right before an action and after, often while walking.
I have tried uninstalling IP and that fixed the problem. Installed IP again and removed all CC, does'nt work. Have the latest version of Ultimate Fix & Store Fix, I have NRaas_ErrorTrap which also doesnt seem to affect anything.

I also checked if it worked on other maps, and found out that if IP is installed it just does'nt work.
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Zife.

Back to top Go down

IP making sims freeze in action? Empty Re: IP making sims freeze in action?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 25 Aug 2013, 17:12

Zife wrote:Hello,

Since i installed IP my sims have been freezing randomly, the funny thing about this is that, not all sims/pets are freezing at the same time.
I would descripe it as my sim just stopping and thinking, should i do this? I always happens right before an action and after, often while walking.
I have tried uninstalling IP and that fixed the problem. Installed IP again and removed all CC, does'nt work. Have the latest version of Ultimate Fix & Store Fix, I have NRaas_ErrorTrap which also doesnt seem to affect anything.

I also checked if it worked on other maps, and found out that if IP is installed it just does'nt work.
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Zife.
Hello,

Can you try to make a new savegame (don't delete your old save now) and try if the same happens there ?

Also, does this freezing happen with particular interactions, or is it more "random" ?

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Aug 2013, 17:16

You want me to go into the game, and save it as a new file, or create a new game? (:
Also it happes random while walking but always before for example picking something up and after it is picked up.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 25 Aug 2013, 17:23

Zife wrote:You want me to go into the game, and save it as a new file, or create a new game? (:
Also it happes random while walking but always before for example picking something up and after it is picked up.
What I didn't mention before was this: first, try to go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and look into the folder Currentgame.sims3. Delete any contents in it (if there's nothing, then it's OK too).

Also, in
My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims, delete the following stuff:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

Then you can re-start the game. You can for now just go to the main menu, and there you create a NEW savegame (with a new town, with new sims, etc.). What I want to know is if the same happens there. Wink
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Aug 2013, 17:29

Okay, I did try clearing the Cache, and i did try loading another save game, both with and without IP, and it worked without IP and not with it.

But, im just try it out now xD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Aug 2013, 17:41

Hello,
I have just opened a new thread about the possible lag fix about Isla Paradiso here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Aug 2013, 17:49

So, I tried making a new save game with a new family and a new town, it didnt work, noticed that the clock also seems to be freezing randomly, but the sims freeze at different times for different time periods.

@cegil99 Thank you for the info, i tried it all, but it had no effect. What i am having is not really the typical lag with sims freezing and animations moving, but more like sim just stopping in motion while all other sims and other stuff keeps moving.

Also the freezing applies to pets! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 25 Aug 2013, 17:51

Zife wrote:So, I tried making a new save game with a new family and a new town, it didnt work, noticed that the clock also seems to be freezing randomly, but the sims freeze at different times for different time periods.

@cegil99 Thank you for the info, i tried it all, but it had no effect. What i am having is not really the typical lag with sims freezing and animations moving, but more like sim just stopping in motion while all other sims and other stuff keeps moving.

Also the freezing applies to pets! Very Happy
Hello,

One more thing then: go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/ and rename the folder "The Sims 3", into anything you like. Then re-start the game, make again a new savegame and play on. See if the same happens.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Aug 2013, 19:56

Well, i just tried out some things. Noticed that my mod wasnt up to date anyways, and also removed the IP save game. Which fixed it, so now I'm trying with the save game again. Will return when i know if it was the mods. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Aug 2013, 20:41

okay, so i have done som testing now, and i've noticed that if i delete the save game it will make the game (And all other saves) run smooth....... So new question, is there anyway for me to save my family / progress..?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 26 Aug 2013, 01:15

Zife wrote:okay, so i have done som testing now, and i've noticed that if i delete the save game it will make the game (And all other saves) run smooth....... So new question, is there anyway for me to save my family / progress..?
Hello,

You mean you want to recover the progress of a previously-deleted save? You can always go to C:\Users\(your computer name)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves, and rename the folder with the name [the name of the save which you want to recover].sims3.backup to [the name of the save which you want to recover].sims3.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Aug 2013, 17:03

oh, no no no no.. Very Happy
I have a corrupted save game which makes all my games and stuff freeze, but i would like to fix my save game or maybe save the family and progress to another game. So fixing the corrupted save.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 26 Aug 2013, 17:16

Zife wrote:oh, no no no no.. Very Happy
I have a corrupted save game which makes all my games and stuff freeze, but i would like to fix my save game or maybe save the family and progress to another game. So fixing the corrupted save.
Hello again,

I'm not sure if there are ways to actually "repair" a save, but the following could help you maybe - though it's only an indirect and theoretical possibility:

Go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Saves. There, look for a folder called (Name of your savegame).sims3. Move that folder out, for example onto the desktop. Then look if there is a folder with the name (Name of your savegame).sims3.backup.

If there is a folder like that, remove the ".backup" ending in the folder's name. Then re-start the game.

If there is no such folder, then I don't know what else you could do. Wat. 

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Mon 26 Aug 2013, 17:21

YOu can try loading the corrupted save game and going to to Edit Town mode and exporting your family to the Library or to a sims3pack file. Do note that the family may itself be corrupted as well.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Tue 27 Aug 2013, 00:52

Zife wrote:oh, no no no no.. Very Happy
Hello,

Usually a backup save is saved before the save becomes corrupted, you will lose some of progresses in this save of course, but at least it can be safely recovered. The .backup folder is usually safe. But in rare cases, backup folders are corrupted too, so bear in mind you should remove the folder if it is really corrupted. There is no way to "fix" a corrupted save.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Aug 2013, 15:55

Thanks alot Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Thu 29 Aug 2013, 16:55

Hello,

Is there anything we can help you with?
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Jan 2014, 16:36

So I'm back, sorry to open such an old thread. I appears that my problem presists. I have some more information to add to this tho.

My problem is not having IP installed, but everytime i make a family or move to IP it causes the problem mentioned above. It happens when ever a sims i just about to do something (picking stuff up, talking with other, sitting down and so on). This problem tho affects all save games, not just the one in IP but if i close the game and delete the save everything goes back to normal. I have overwatch and errortrap also have all the content (but i dont think this is the problem since all other worlds are fine)

Would really like this fixed. xD
Hope you can help.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 07 Jan 2014, 17:11

Zife wrote:So I'm back, sorry to open such an old thread. I appears that my problem presists. I have some more information to add to this tho.

My problem is not having IP installed, but everytime i make a family or move to IP it causes the problem mentioned above. It happens when ever a sims i just about to do something (picking stuff up, talking with other, sitting down and so on). This problem tho affects all save games, not just the one in IP but if i close the game and delete the save everything goes back to normal. I have overwatch and errortrap also have all the content (but i dont think this is the problem since all other worlds are fine)

Would really like this fixed. xD
Hope you can help.

Hello,

If you want, try lowering your in-game graphics settings a bit. When you install the latest vesion of NRAAS Master Controller too, there's an option, when you click on the town hall logo, to "reset everything". The option is in NRAAS -> Master Controller -> Town -> Reset everything.

Other than that, I'm afraid I have no other explanations... Wat.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Jan 2014, 17:14

What does this function "Reset Everything" do?
just asking :/

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 07 Jan 2014, 17:19

Zife wrote:What does this function "Reset Everything" do?
just asking :/

It will reset things like abandoned cars, stuck sims, etc. It's somewhat similar like what Overwatch and ErrorTrap do.

Please try that, along with lowering the graphics settings (also turning off VSync, maybe). There's not much else left to suggest then.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top